Chapter 1: The Great Escape

'Clank, Cl-Clank' fell the golden goblet upon the smooth tiled floor. 

"Stop her!" he coughed with an out-stretched arm towards the fleeing woman. But it was too late, no one could hear him, then he fell with a great 'thump' unto the floor.

'Great trees fall the hardest' Violet thought as she scurried out the throne room, her flowing trail dragging behind her. She slammed the heavy brazen door shut and leaned on it, taking a slow breath of relief.

"Long live the Queen of the King" the guard bawled stamping his shaft on the ground in respect. She jumped. He startled her. She bowed respectfully and quickly pulled her dress along And gracefully ran as fast her garment could take her.

Up the stairs and into the long hallway leading to her chamber, quickly she entered the room and locked the door.

"Shall I draw her majesty's evening bath?" the maid spoke and bowed humbly. Violet jumped. She swiftly spun around and darted towards her closet.

"Leave me be, Anesa" muttered the queen and frantically begun searching through her clothes.

"But my Lady, what about your evening bath?" Anesa responded.

"Leave me be!" Violet snapped at the poor maid with shaken anger. "Are you somewhat deaf?" the queen shouted.

A dead silence glazed across the room and Anesa stood paralyzed by fear. Never had Queen Violet spoken to her so forcefully. She humbly bowed and exited the room.

Violet hurriedly re-locked the door and then sighed. She didn't mean to speak so roughly to Anesa, for she had been such a faithful servant maid to her during her tenure there as queen. But she has no time for niceties at this point. She only had a shot time in which to accomplish this feat and she wasn't going to allow anything or anyone to slow her down.

She continued to scurry through her belongings, finally pulling out a wrinkled brown suit case and dropped it unto the bed. She cramped a few extra dresses into the bag and zipped it up. She opened the window and flung the suitcase out. She peered outside and waited nervously. No one had heard or seen. She quietly and swiftly grabbed the rope from under her bed and hooked it unto the window pane, tying the tightest clove hitch she had ever tied. This was most certainly a matter of life or death. She hanked it and then sighed. She held on tightly and then slowly and cautiously began to climb downwards. A route she had so often taken had now seemed so confusingly strange to her.

Her heart fluttered faster with each downward trout, her palms were becoming increasingly buttery. She heard whispers from the kitchen and she exhaled. 'You can do this' she thought. She had done this so many times before. She was not afraid,

She released and unto the bushes right on top of her suitcase she fell just as she planned. She waited in silence until the whispers from the kitchen subsided. She hurried herself up, grabbed the swinging rope and hanked the loose reins, pulling the rope to the ground. She grabbed it up quickly and pushed it into the side pocket of her suitcase.

She was almost free. She dusted the leaves off of her dress, she was still a queen after all, grabbed up her suitcase and headed towards the garden. Pass the green ivory scrubs until she reached the great oak tree. She stood in front of the giant structure of nature's wonder, planted perfectly for her escape. She smiled softly with a wondrous sense of pride and faith. She had no idea what her future would be, she didn't even know if her plan would work. But she was certainly sure of one thing she would rather die than return to this wretched prison.

Out the rope came again, she wrapped it through the handle of her suitcase carefully and wrapped it tightly around and through her arms, fastening the bag to her back as a knapsack. She exhaled. 'Let's go' she encouraged herself and grabbed the familiar branch pulling herself into the darkness.

Further and further she climbed, branch by branch. The higher she went the further she passed the guarding wall of the garden. Crawling across a branch, over the wall she tied the faithful knot and launched herself downward on the other side of the gigantic wall. She strung her makeshift knapsack on her back again and ran off not stopping for a moment to look back.

"There, there boy" she whispered to the waiting restless horse, brushing her shiny milky brown mane. She mounted the fine stead and across the grassy plane she fled, consumed by the darkness around her, delicious freedom overwhelmed her. Her tears rolled back as she rode through the icy breeze of the night that seemed to hug her tightly. A cool samba smile grew across her cheeks. Free at last, she was finally free at last. 

***

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Please share your comments, I would really appreciate your feedback. Hopefully, you enjoyed reading!