Chapter 3: Andy, please.

Andy paced up and down her father's study. Her flowing flawless crimson hair, fighting to keep up behind her. Her father calmly rocked in his armchair puffing her pipe. "You really should relax child" advised Arvish to her worrying daughter. He puffed out and kicked his feet up onto the table.

"Father!" screamed Andy "How can you relax at a time like this?
"At a time like what, Andy?" responded Arvish between puffs.

"What are we going to do about this?" fluttered Andy.

"It will blow over" her father concluded.

"Father! Blow over? These men basically staged a one week revolt and bluntly disrespected your noblemanship in front of the entire providence" complained Andy "we should skin them, in front of everyone, at noon in the providence center" Andy smiled as she concocted her plan.

"Dee-Dee my darling daughter" he chuckled "There hasn't been an execution here in over one hundred years. Allagi has been quite peaceful and freedom exist in abundance for all people"

"There will never be true freedom until all those damn misogynistic serpents are dead." Andy dropped herself into the armchair.

"Andy!" rose Arvish slamming his hands on the table. Her father's booming voice vibrating every cell in Andy's skinny body.

"The true result of freedom is not the oppression of the oppressors" he scolds his daughter, pointing his pipe at her.

"Yes father" responded Andy propping herself up on the armchair. "I know that I've taught you better than this" Arvish said as he slid back down unto his chair again, placing his pipe back into his mouth and plants his feet back on the table.

Andy looked at her Father and pouted. She detested being spoken to in such a manner by anyone. She detested it, even more, when this tone came from her father, his commanding but calming posturer always rendered her powerless and left her submissive to his word. She dare not cross him, she dare not even consider being defiant.

Arvish's word was law, not only to his daughter but to everyone in Allagi. That had always been the case since Arvish became the nobleman overseer. But with this recent revolt, Andy wondered if her father's influence on the people of Allagi was wavering. She worried about his easy-going pipe smoking attitude and his friendly jovial style of leadership. She imagined what it would be like to over an entire providence, she thought about what she would do differently.

Her thoughts of the impossible were broken by Sondre's sudden entrance into the study. Andy sighed "What is it now Sondre?"

"I'm sorry to bother you" he stuttered.

"Out with it" Arvish hurried Sondre and with one phrase Andy's mirage of female leadership was dispelled "They're outside" stuttered Sondre.

"See father, this is evidence that the fight for freedom isn't over" Andy jumped up and began to pace again.

"Did they say what they want, Sondre?" Arvish inquired calmly still rocking back in his armchair.

"Father! Let me handle this, let me teach them a thing or two about the might of the Axel noblemanship!" Andy demanded before Sondre got a chance to speak.

"They said... that if things don't change around here, they'd burn down the town hall" reported Sondre.

"Father?!" belted Andy.

"Relax, relax" Arvish finally rose from his comfort and sets down his pipe.

"No one is burning down anywhere, clearly there is a misunderstanding. I'm going outside to converse with them now" Arvish straightened his jacket and headed towards the door. Sondre opened the door and nervously nods as the nobleman passed.