Chapter 7: Violet

For some strange reason, they placed Andy at the front of the line as they escorted the virgins to their living courters. She walked right behind the great head advisor Hamon himself. He lingering scent of incense and honey made her sick to her stomach. The sounds of the whispering women annoyingly buzzed in her ears. "What do they have to be so happy about?" she thought.

"Hey, I'm Violet" the girl paired next to Andy introduced herself with an outstretched hand.

Andy reluctantly shaking Violet's hand trying not to be rude.

"Why are you upset?" continued Violet.

Andy watched Violet curiously, it was like Violet had no concept of what was really about to take place.

"Aren't you a little worried about what's going to happen to us?" questioned Andy.

"I'm not really sure" Violet answered, brushing her dirt blonde strands away from her face. Andy stared in amazement/ Firstly, she had never seen anyone with such beautiful long yellow hair before and secondly, she couldn't believe that women outside of Allagi were this daisy. She wondered if all the women were this clueless.

"You have such pretty hair. What did you say your name was?" Violet asked.

"Andy, it's Andy of Allagi"

"Oh, I think I've heard of that place before. Isn't that the place cover by trees? I thought they said no one lived there anymore" rumbled Violet.

Amazing they think all the people from Allagi are all dead, the one place in the land of Anthropos that is meant to represent knowledge. Any mutters "Really without knowledge the people perish" she thought.

Hamon suddenly stopped at the entrance of a great brazen door. "Harvested Virgins" Andy read softly.

"Is that what that door says?" asks Violet.

"Yes. Don't you see the sign on the door?" Andy asks

"Yes, I do, but I can't read it" responds Violet.

A small winkle appears to the center of Andy's forehead. Does it mean that she can't read or she can't see this afar off? She hoped for Violet's sake that it was the latter.

"This is your staying quarters" Hamon informed and ushered them all inside.

Violet had never seen anything like it. Inside the room laid many beds lined up side by side, surrounded by great glass windows with the words 'Long live the Patriarchy' engraved at the top of each window.

A long fluffy crimson carpet stretched across the entire length of the aisle, which separated the two rows of beds on either side. Again, Andy counted 'One...Three....Eight....Twenty' exactly twenty beds.

"Welcome ladies!" spoke a well-dressed flamboyant man at the end of the aisle. He must have been standing there all along but Andy was too distracted by the shining glass to notice.

"This is Estabon, our house stylist, the greatest stylist straight out of the Fashion District. The best in all of Anthropos" Hamon boasted.

"Oh Hamon, darling stop" Estabon blushed. "I am pleased to meet all of you"

"For the next three months, you will be trained and prepared to become the Queen of the King. After this probation period, you will have one night to impress the King will your soul bearing skills. Dinner is in one hour, we expect that you will be ready" and with that Hamon, the knights and Estabon all left the room.

"Andy, Andy come see" Violet grabbed Andy's arm and ran to the end of the room. Violet peered out. There laid the most beautiful garden either woman had ever seen.

"That's the biggest oak tree, I've ever seen" confused Andy.

"It's beautiful isn't it," Violet remarked. "I think we're going to be great friends," Violet said while still looking out the window. Andy turned to Violet, she had never felt such genuine warmth before, she just smiled and stared out the window and for a moment all of her worries just seemed to melt away. 

***

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Please share your comments, I would really appreciate your feedback. Hopefully you enjoyed reading!