Karaoke

•Amethyst•

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm doing all of this by myself. I mean, I've never been on a date and here I am getting ready for one, without my best friend. Samantha wanted to come, oh she wanted to come so bad, but her parents felt like she didn't hang out with them enough. They felt like she didn't even remember their existence, which I could totally relate to, so she promised to stay with them the entire weekend.

Poor Xander was going to have to make out with himself.

Anyway, I quickly ran into my bathroom and did my make up and hair. When I was finished, I smiled at my appearance. I put on some nude eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, some hot pink lipstick, and the usual foundation, concealer, and mascara. I smiled at my face that wasn't covered by my glasses, the contacts that Samantha got me coming in very handy. I also smiled at my space buns, the two strands of hair on either side framing my face nicely.

"Eres tan lindo," a familiar voice cooed.  (you're so cute).

I smiled. "Thanks mom."

She walked inside and kissed my temple. "I'm so happy that you're finally going on a date."

I rolled my eyes. "I never found the right guy, okay?"

"That's what they all say, honey. Unlike you, I started dating at fourteen, and guess who it was?"

"I already know but since you love telling this story-"

"It was your father! We never stopped being together since."

I sighed. "Yes, mom. I know. You've been in love with dad forever and you only wish the same thing would happen to me."

My mother pouted and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Amethyst, look at me," she ordered softly. I sighed and turned to her, kind of annoyed that my mother would bring up her love story on my first date. "You know that I love you, right?" I nodded. "You know that you are my favorite thing to talk, look, brag, and dream about, right?" I smiled. "I just want you to be happy, baby. That's all. Your dad makes me happy, and you deserve that happiness more than anything. I don't want you to be anything like me, don't think that, I just wish that you would've found your love earlier."

I sighed. "I know you do mom, I know." I kissed her cheek and turned to the mirror to do some last-minute changes.

She chuckled and walked out of my room, muttering something under breath. I shrugged it off, not worried about what she had to say, and fixed my hair a bit.

*Maximus*

"Shit! Shit! Shit! I look like a fucking hobo!" I cursed as I ran around my room frantically, my fifth outfit still not good enough for Amy.

"Shut the hell up!" Audrey screamed as she laid down on my bed.

I groaned and grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans and my Air Force 1's before running back inside my bathroom.

"You're like a freaking fly, my God! Just calm the fuck down before I knock you out!" Audrey growled.

I opened the door and stuck my head out. "You tend to forget that I've been boxing as long as I can remember, don't you?"

"You tend to forget that I don't care."

I rolled my eyes and stuck my head back in, closing the door after me.

"I can literally kick you out of here, you know!" I screamed as I pulled on a shoe.

She chuckled. "I'd like to see you try."