'New Girl'

Elijah wasn't home last night, so I called him. He said I could stay as long as I keep it clean, and do yard work.

Today was my first day of school, I got dressed in the dress Elijah gave me on my birthday last year. I put my hair into a bun on top of my head, and held it in place with a couple of hair clips. I looked at the clock on my night stand, and realized I was going to be a little late. I put my shoes, jacket, and makeup on in a rush. I ran down the stairs, grabbed some peanut butter crackers, and ran out to my car. I hope I'm not late.

...

I made it to school with enough time to get my list of classes, put my stuff into my locker, and make it to my first class with a couple of minutes to spare.

"Okay class, today we have a former student returning to Mystic Falls. Please welcome back Tauriel Gilbert." My English teacher said.

I stood up, waved half-assed to the class, and sat back down.

...

Come lunch time, I was headed to the lunch room, when I got stopped by Bonnie.

"Tauriel? Wow. You look great!" She said.

"Thanks."

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch?"

"Sure. Is Caroline still as bubbly as I remember?" I asked, as we got in line to get our lunch.

"Worse I think. I swear, she eats nothing but happy flakes for breakfast."

Bonnie and I looked at each other for a second, before laughing our butts off. I grabbed a bowl of of salad, a bowl of fruit, a plate of pasta, and followed Bonnie to a table.

"Do you mind if we sit with my friends?" Bonnie asked.

"Sure."

When we reached her table, I saw Tyler, Caroline, and Elena. I sat next to Bonnie, and started on my fruit.

I mostly listened to everyone's conversations.

....

When my last class of the day was over, I headed to my locker and grabbed my purse, and car keys. 

"Hey, Tauriel? Can I talk to you for a second?" 

I closed my locker, and turned around to see Elena. I looked at her warily before nodding. I followed her to an empty class room. 

"What're you doing here?" She asked. 

"Um, going to school? What the does it look like I'm doing?" I replied smartly. 

"Don't be smart. I meant, what are you doing back in Mystic Falls?" 

"I decided to come back, okay? I got tired of avoiding my problems, and not facing them like I should have. Does that satisfy your curiosity?" I asked before leaving her. 

I walked out to the parking lot, and got into my car. I went to start it.....and nothing happened. I tried again.....still nothing. I tried it a third time, and ended up flooding the engine. 

"Oh for Hedwig's sake!" I yelled. What? I like Harry Potter. 

I grabbed my purse and called Elijah. 

"You have reached Elijah Mikaelson. I am currently occupied, so leave your name, and the reason you are calling.

"Hey Elijah, it's Tauriel. I think my car died on me. I'm not entirely sure so, if you loan me a little bit of money so I can pay the mechanic, I'd be greatful. I'll do anything you want. Thanks." 

I hung up, and called a towing service. A tow guy was at the parking lot in a few minutes, and towed my car to Mystic Auto Shop & Repair. Bonnie was able to give me a ride, and dropped me off. 

...

"So, what's the diagnosis?" I asked the mechanic who worked on my car. 

"Well....someone pulled out your spark plugs, and trashed your battery. Unfortunately, we don't have either in stock right now. It'll take a few weeks, five at the most, to find and order the right parts." 

I sighed. 

"Thanks for your help. I'll pay you when I get the money." I said. 

I walked out of the shop, and headed home. It sucks being the new girl. 

AN: The video on the side shows what type of car she has. The year for the car, in the story, is actually 2008. Not 2015 like the one in the video. The story follows the show a little bit. Haven't decide on how much though.