Chapter 13 conscious

Mckayla

I felt hands pry on my body. I was unconscious, or I thought I was. Voices were drilling into my brain as all my senses seemed to enhance significantly. A sudden sharp pinching pain penetrated over the nap of my neck and I could feel my body convulsing. Some part of me felt disconnected from myself.

I couldn't tell who claws pierced me. My eyes wouldn't work. Last I remembered, I'd given into the wolfsbanes poisonous seduction.

I groaned as cold shivers ran through my body like an electricity current on high velocity.

I felt masculine hands on my leg and then a growl before I felt whoever it was bite their canines into my calf. My flesh burned. Another pair of hands went over my thigh and like before, I was bitten over my inner thigh.

My voice was late to crying out the horrid pain. I could feel my teeth gritted together as tears streamed from my eyes.

What were they doing to me? The pack was doing this. I faintly smelled their mixed aroma of Rosemary and burnt wood. Were they trying to reconnect me to them? That was what a pack did for another member when they were truly in dire need. Psychologically or physically. A werewolves bite could have many effects. I wasn't pack though.

One after the next, the bites continued over my entire body. It felt like forever until I slipped back unconscious.

I woke again, groaning. My body felt heavy and lethargic. Soreness crossed through my body like I'd been beaten. Everywhere ached. I groaned again. Bad idea lifting me head up. A massive headache came as if being hit in the head with a hammer. I felt nauseated.

Images flashed through my mind. Always the same memories. I had nothing but the pain and memory of my fathers' beating. I whined angrily. I clenched a hold of sheets beneath me, ripping my claws through them. I wanted to run from this memory. From this pack. Why did I come back?

'I'm sorry...'

I tried to find the voice that was a whisper in my thoughts.

'I failed you but please don't quit on them...'

"Leave me alone," I snarled out. I rubbed my hands over my sweaty face, feeling my claws scrape against my skin. I was hallucinating.

I groaned again as hands brushed against my hot soaked skin. I could tell I was naked.

"Mckayla. What's wrong?" It was Marie.

I wanted to speak to her but my thoughts; the voice in my head kept me unfocused.

'Your wolf wants to live. Lead your wolf back home. Back to you...'

"No..." I growled.

I heard someone outside my head, screaming out. "Somethings off," Marie shouted.

The voice went on in my head forever.

'Give yourself a second chance. You're meant to be an Alpha. To have a mate. To love a sister.'

I felt my arms being pinned down as I tried to move up. Feminine hands brushed over my face and I could hear her clearer. "Leave," I heard her shout to someone.

A door slammed and it hurt my ears like loud construction work noise. It was ear-splitting.

Nina. I could smell her as if she was a part of me. I felt her climb on top of me, trying to hold my arms down. She was naked.

Her breath was hot against my mouth. "Mckayla. You must remember the good. Feel it." Her touch was tantalizing. She ran her hands up my arm to the curve of my neck. "You need to remember what it feels like to be touched by another."