Chapter 22~Still Processing~Updated

Mckayla
~

I had allowed Nina to take out the silver bullets as I sat on a stool in the kitchen. Nina had all the medical equipment she needed to taking the silver bullets out carefully without touching them with her own fingers.

I grimaced, slamming my fist onto the counter as she pulled the last one out. "Fuck," I snarled. "I hate silver bullets."

I watched as she dropped the last bullet into a small container and ordered Cullen to take it away. "You've been shot with silver before?" Nina grabbed a small towel arching a brow as she waited for an answer.

"A couple of times." I rubbed my hands over the side of my face, groaning loudly.

Nina dipped the towel in a bowl of hot water, trying to clean out my wounds. Most of my injuries were completely healed with only dried blood and dirt left, to remind me of the fight I had ended.

All I could focus on was Kaylee. She was out there alone and probably frightened. I had trusted the pack to help find her and I was beginning to work myself into a delirious frenzy. I couldn't go find her in the type of condition I was in. I had to believe that I made the right decision in trusting them.

"Relax," Nina said in a soft comforting tone. She rubbed her hand over my back, always hitting the spot that softened myself to her. "They will find her scent and come to you the moment they do."

I nodded still worrying none the less. Nina asked me once if I had processed my fathers death. Who knew it would be much more I should have processed? I was trying to take one worry and grievance at a time. My father was dead and now my grandmother. General had been alive and the cause of all this, and I had a daughter. Too much to process.

"You need to bathe," Nina told me.

I shook my head still wrapped up in my thoughts. "Later."

Nina huffed crossing her arms over her chest. "Do you want to go to your daughter like this?"

I frowned, scrutinizing myself. Blood and dirt covered me. My clothes looked mangled and I utterly looked like a monstrous rogue on a long hunt for flesh.

"Fine," I snarled. "Let's go to the pond."

"Mckayla...there's a tub in the room." I frowned as she shook her head. "We are not heading off to some pond. We need to stay here. It's just a tub. You've used it before."

I growled giving in.

Nina walked me toward my old room, heading into the bathroom that was connected to it. I didn't sit on the bed afraid I'd only dirty it. Besides, being on beds still felt uncomfortable.

I heard Nina running the bath water as someone knocked on the door.

I rushed up, forgetting the sore pain from my injuries that were still trying to heal. I frowned when a Were I wasn't familiar with held out a phone. "Your friend Jace called and said to call him back."

I frowned at the phone as if it was something I'd never seen before. I grabbed it from her frowning when I realized I hadn't known how to use it. It was one of those newer cell phones. "Where are the buttons?" I asked puzzled.

The girl looked at me confused as if I was lost and ignorant. I was to this type of device. Nina came out of the bathroom. "I got it," Nina waved to her off as the young woman walked away.

"This is not a phone," I said positive of that. I was irritated and didn't have time for this.

Nina rolled her eyes laughing. "Yes it is. It's a touch screen." Nina clicked it on and I watched with disbelief as she looked up recent calls. "Welcome to modern technology."