Chapter 13

This is where shit gets full on fictional somewhere in the near future.

Bear with me

England PoV:

The world has changed a lot since I first opened my eyes. So have the people I have gotten know along the centuries. Most of them have been very quick to adapt, since they are the ones that benefit the most, and some are slower.

I remember those days when war was the way of the world. When everyone fought everyone to prove themselves superior. I was born in the midst of war. I was born for war.

There would be two types of people; the ones that bowed, and the ones that were bowed to.
They say that the past in the past. Our past is no longer what defines us... But my past is all I have.

You never truly realise how high you have climbed, unless you're pushed off and fall back to where you started.
My days as a superpower are over. There is no more fighting to establish your dominance.

But fighting is all I've ever learnt. I fought my way out of hell to the top. I fought anyone who tried to oppose me. I fought them all off, alone.
They are all allies... They have all always been allies... all against me.

They may treat me with respect now, and smile their fake smiles at me when we cross paths, but I know I never truly will be one of them.

I was never meant to fit in, and that will be rubbed in my face every time I try. Specially not when it's my older brother they all seem to love. Specially not when it's America and the East that they favour. Specially not when old enemies become friends, all one team.
I am, after all, as you call me, the Black Sheep of Europe.

It has been quite a while since we last had the need to call out to each other by name. The world still knows us to be enemies, for old times' sake.

The thing is, I can never truly understand what makes me your enemy.

I see you with all the others, especially with Germany. You smile with him, laugh with him, you call yourselves close friends too; the very same Germany, that not even hundred years ago left you covered in scars that still haven't faded...

The very same Germany, because of whom you could not sleep without being haunted by nightmares for months...

The very same Germany that had you wake up screaming and begging in the middle of the night in my arms as I held on to you and whispered sweet nothings in your ears till you fell asleep again...

He's you friend, huh?... Good for him that you're quick to forgive... and forget... But still...

We're enemies.

Notes:

Something's about to go wrong...
I can smell it (well, 'cuz I wrote it, y'know)
Now wait for it.