Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR:

making you feel the rhythm is my occupation
________________________________________
WARNING: Adult themes ahead! (Mentions of sex/teen pregnancy/etc.)

FEELING SATISFIED AND quite exhausted, Maria rolled off to the side—her bare back bouncing against the warm sheets, right besides Mario. She took a few deep breathes, trying to calm down from her high while Mario shuffled around in the bed, trying to clean up their mess.

Her mind and heart were still racing, she was slightly in disbelief that she slept with Mario again. Maria has only had sex with one other man in her life, Chris—and the way she felt being with Mario was nothing like it. It felt like electricity coursed through her veins, she felt so alive. Something she hasn't felt since she initially started dating the possessive, and manipulative ex-boyfriend.

She hoped the way she felt wasn't a one-sided thing. Mario cleared his throat, catching her attention.

"Your hair is so messy," he commented, voice slightly hoarse and groggy. She blushed rolling her eyes now attempting to brush down her fly away hairs and matted bangs. Curse her for deciding to cut them on her own. "Do you want to stay the night? It's kind of late..." Mario asked reaching to his desk to check his phone.

"Do you mind if I stay?" Maria wasn't really looking forward to walking back to her dorm in the middle of the night (which was all the way across fucking campus), besides she didn't have any classes on Sunday.

"Go ahead, I don't mind." He replied returning back to lying on the bed. He flipped his pillow over, and turned onto his side to face Maria. The two remained quiet as they stared at each other. It wasn't awkward or weird, it was surprisingly nice, date Maria say—comforting.

Eventually Mario drifted off to sleep, she could see prominent bags under his eyes. She figured he worked hard. Maria recalled him mentioning that he does tutoring and holds a second job to help make cash. She couldn't imagine balancing that along with grades.

Her family sent her money every two weeks as Maria couldn't balance a job and school. They knew the significance of her keeping her GPA up to keep her academic scholarship, and even with just school to worry about—she was exhausted.

Maria sighed reaching out and stroking Mario's cheek. He was such a soft-hearted guy. He was unlike anyone she's met before, and she wasn't exactly sure if that was a good or bad thing. Despite only knowing him for around 48 hours, she's told him stuff she couldn't even tell her own parents. What would they say if they knew she was getting busy with a stranger.

Except, was he really still a stranger?

She slowly moved closer to him, cradling into his bare chest. Maria tugged the covers higher above her shoulders and rested her head into him. She was going to sleep good two nights in a row. She was finally drifting off, when her eyes shot open—she remembered something super important:

They didn't use protection.

MARIA SPRINTED TO HER dorm. She really had no more time to waste. She prayed to god Amber had some form of plan B back in their room, if not she was fucked (literally). Maria stumbled with the long sleeves of her sweatshirt (that she may or may not have stole from Mario during the morning) as she tried to use her keys to open the door.