Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN †
"i'm walking on sunshine,
and don't it feel good!"

TURNING WITH A loud huff, Maria attempted to force herself back to sleep

TURNING WITH A loud huff, Maria attempted to force herself back to sleep. It was an early Monday morning and after spending the previous day traveling around Freeridge with Ruby and Oscar—she was exhausted.

It was just hard to sleep when Mario suddenly decided to become an early-riser.

Ever since they began staying at his family's house, Mario no longer slept in. She was glad he was going out and getting involved with his family again, but she just hated the noise he'd make every morning.

Despite Mario trying to be considerate about making noise, it didn't do much. Eventually Maria sat up, the heavy duvet covers falling off her shoulders and into her lap playfully glaring at Mario (while he struggled to change his shirt and pants).

"Pobrectio," Mario cooed out noticing his girlfriend and her massive bed head. He walked back towards the bed to quickly place a kiss on Maria's lips.

"Aye, Mario I haven't brushed my teeth yet." She whined going to cover her mouth, but he didn't care. Mario launched himself on her pressing extra kisses over her face. Maria laughed falling back and attempting to fight him off.

This was a much better thing to wake up to.

MARIA WANTED ice cream—no she needed ice cream.

She happily dug into the large bowl of mint chocolate chip ice, moaning at how sweet it tasted. The woman swears up until she had gotten pregnant she would have never tried any flavors besides the classic vanilla and chocolate—but she's had to admit her baby had good taste.

The dining room table was usually empty in the afternoons, but today Ruby and his friends occupied the empty seats. They seemed to immerse themselves in a whisper-conversation that Maria had zero interest in.

The only thing she really cared about was ice cream—and definitely the ice tea she was gonna drink after.

"Maria, I reserved the table for a two-hour block period." Ruby eventually said after Monse subtly nudged the teen about privacy for the umpteenth time. Maria's burrows furrowed staring at the teen, they reserve their dinning room table? "Did you not see my note on the fridge." The girl shook her head, spooning a scoop of ice cream in her mouth. The whole table sighed, realizing they couldn't exactly kick the pregnant from the table.

"If you give me another five minutes I'll be out of your hair." She tried to mediate, but the panicked looks on his friends faces seemed like they meant business. Without another word, she rose from her seat and headed into the kitchen to place her ice cream bowl in the sink (she had a couple spoons left, but her appetite was gone now).

Maria thought that after yesterday her and Ruby were on good terms. She knew he wouldn't prioritize her over his own friends, but to kick her out of the dining room seemed a little intense. The young woman took a deep breath while resting her hands along the sink ledge.