Chapter Ten

this chapter is dedicated to Pizzzaaaplzzz who is such a lovely soul and has taken the time to leave the most funny and incredible comments on my other book "olive". she's got her own book out and it's amazing, go check it out after you ready this CRAZZYYYY chapter teehee
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

We reached the mouth of the cave and to my surprise, it was completely dry almost as if the cave was situated in some bizarre, underwater air pocket. The moment we stepped inside there was not a single drop of water on either of us.

As I examined my body once more for any sign that I had been swimming in a ghost pool I noticed that I was still latched onto Azrael's arm. Sheepishly, I dropped my arms and released him from my vice-like grip.

The interior of the cave wasn't really a cave at all, like the inside of Azrael's mansion it was quite Gatsby-esque. Never in a million years had I imagined ever having this thought but it really was a lovely little Art Deco cave.

"What do you think so far?" Azrael queried, his voice came across as innocent which was slightly aggravating considering how mind blowing this entire situation was for someone like me. "That pool we just swam through is where souls first arrive after they pass. It's called Swim of Lost Souls, they travel through the water and into the portal to their final resting place."

Azrael raised his hand as one of the translucent souls neared him, the entity passing through his hand like a soft breeze. "It's one of the many jobs of the Alpha's of Mortal to protect this sacred passageway."

"A blessing and a curse." Azrael added as a low mumble, nearly out of my ear shot.

My eyebrows raised along with my interest, "A curse?"

Azrael looked surprised, clearly it hadn't been his intention for me to have heard his mutterings. He offered up a half hearted smile and softly shook his head, "A conversation for another time, we've got exploring to do."

As much as it irked me not being able to know what Azrael's cryptic words meant, I couldn't stop myself from being swept away from the topic. My mind now lingered on his most recent words, I shook my head in disbelief, "We are actually going to the Underworld?" My very breath conflicted with a blend of excitement and apprehension.

Then suddenly, like a splash of cold water on a face in the early morning, I remembered Azrael's instructions as clear as day. Only someone who had been to the Other Side or the Underworld or whatever, could take this damned bracelet off. So if he mistakenly took me there, I could free myself from this magical imprisonment.

I'd never taken Azrael as a fool, every inch of his persona screamed calculation and control. Which was why I was so completely astonished in his monumental oversight here. There was absolutely no way I could let on that I knew of this beautiful little mistake of his. I needed to play my cards right so that I could have a little bit of myself back.

He frowned, "Or don't answer my question, that's fine too." Azrael grumbled sarcastically and as I was pulled from my plotting I couldn't help but to smile.

Azrael walked ahead of me, stopping directly in front of the doorway as his eyes followed the path of one of the softly glowing blue whisps from the water flittered above his head and into the doorway portal thing."Won't you join me?"

Between his dark, looming slender and his cool demeanor, Azrael was giving off some serious Jack Skellington "Nightmare Before Christmas" vibes. Perhaps it was the mate bond, curiosity, my adoration for that movie or my desperation to free myself from the bracelet; nevertheless, I found myself by his side in seconds.