12 - SHOT

I woke up to the sound of murmurs coming from outside the cells. Even though my body feels heavy and my head feels light, I got up, put my shoes on, and left my cell. I've gotten enough rest.

"Rick would never allow this." My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I step into the room where everyone else is.

Carl noticed me and gestures for me to come over to him. I did and stayed by his side. "What's happening here?"

Carl opens his mouth to answer but Glenn's mouth was faster than his. He replies to what Hershel said. "Do you really think he's in any position to make that choice?"

Make choice of what? Allow what? What the hell is going on?

"Think this through clearly." Hershel pushes on to whatever they're talking about. I just woke up and there seems to be a new problem to handle. "T-Dog lost his life here. Lori too. The men that were here."

I took a glance at Carl but he remains emotionless. "It isn't worth anymore killing. What are we waiting for? If he's on his way, then we should be out of here by now."

The last sentence made it all clear to me that they're talking about the Governor and what to do. By all means, I understand where Hershel's coming from, but going back out there and leaving this prison that we just claimed not too long ago? I don't think it's right. Plus, what about the baby—Judith, what about her?

"And go where?" Glenn quiries the old man. He has a point, where else are we going if we leave? "We were on the road all winter."

Memories of being sick and struggling to survive because of that winter, passes my mind but I immediately dismissed it. I don't want to experience that ever again. And Glenn seems like he's not gonna change his mind. "Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours."

"We can't stay here." They all have points, and a part of me wants to run away too. I don't want to be kidnapped again, I don't want to have a gun pointed at my head again.

"We can't run." But most of me is saying that I can't and shouldn't run away from problems.

Maggie walks away from the room without a word and Glenn watches her leave.

"Okay, we'll stay put." Glenn announces. "We're gonna defend this place, we're making a stand."

He then looks at me and Carl. "You two are gonna come with me down to the tombs. We need to find the breach."

"You'll need some help." Michonne says to him and it looks like she's volunteering, but Glenn dismisses it. "No. Incase anything happens, I need you here."

Glenn stops for a second and looks around. "Who's on watch?" He looks like he's on so much pressure.

Maybe he is. "Damn it."

later

"The rooms outside the boiler room are overrun again." Glenn announces as I try to catch my breath. Maybe running after being grazed by a bullet isn't exactly the best idea, but I ain't gonna sit still and look pretty.

Earlier, Carl told me that his dad made the so-called survivors leave. I was asleep during that time, so I didn't get to meet them or even see them properly.

"That whole section had been cleaned." Beth states after I catch my breath.

Shaking my head, I answer her. "It's a steady flow of walkers."