Chapter 3

Chapter Three - Lost

One month later.

"Again!"

Grinning, I jump through the portal and end up at the lake for a millisecond before teleporting to the sitting room and back to the training center. Valentina's loud scream echoes in my mind and I giggle when I remember her frightened look as I appeared out of nowhere while she was watching TV.

Ivan is waiting for me with a smirk on his lips, an excited glint in his bright green eyes. Without my dad telling me to this time, I immediately teleport again to the tree house, laughing as Ivan appears beside me. He's improved a lot with his gift of power mimicry and dad finally let him use it on me whenever I teleport. He doesn't jump into the portal with me and I don't grab him either to take him through, he seems to follow along just fine without any help.

We teleport all over the house, chuckling as we tease each other. Eventually, I appear back at the center and he lands right next to me. Dad grins at us, putting an arm around our shoulders as he leads us back towards our home. But what he says next has us frowning in confusion.

"Looks like you're ready to start learning how to fight. I'll let my mentor know, he's the best one in all of Russia!" He claps us on the back, making me stop and turn to him.

"We're going to Russia?" I mumble, not liking this at all.

"Why can't you train us?" Ivan frowns, crossing his arms.

Dad sighs, leaning down so that he's at eye level with us. "I just want you two to learn from him, like I did. He has a lot of knowledge to provide young minds like you two."

"But, I don't want to go." I pout, not wanting to leave my family.

"Princess, it's only for three months during the summer. You'll be home for the rest of the year." He sighs, wrapping me up in a comforting hug. "I just want you two to think about it, it's a great opportunity. But if you don't agree, I'll train you two."

"Okay." Ivan and I mutter, promising him we'll give it some thought.

He tells us that we can visit Russia and look around, meet his mentor and talk to him to see how we feel. Assuring us that there's no rush, he walks us back to the house just in time for lunch. Valentina stands on a chair as she helps mom prepare the food, even though she's not doing much. Dad sneaks up behind her, tickling her as he takes Vee into his arms.

Mom tells us to shower quickly and be downstairs for lunch as we head out the door. We spend the rest of the day together, Ivan eventually heading out with a few friends to one of the clubs. But not before dad gives him the usual talk; that he'll kill him if he hooks up with someone, not to drink himself to death or do drugs, and to call him if he needs a lift home.

Apparently, dad had a few relationships after his first mate betrayed him. He didn't think he would get a second chance mate and always regretted it. But mom got over it, understanding his situation. Now they stress the importance of mates, reminding us to wait for them and ignore our peers if they try and pressure us into anything.

I watch my brother leave with a wave and a kiss to mom's cheek, rushing out the door and to his car. Spending some time with my brothers and sisters, I eventually head up and decide to go to my art studio. Along with the library, dad had also built this for me when he discovered that I liked to paint. My parents would always find me coloring when I was younger and when I grew up and exceeded in art classes they wanted me to continue doing what I love.