Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty Three - Our Forever

Three Months Later.

Ayla Romanov's P.O.V.

"Ayla! Come on!" I hear Asher yell from downstairs, making me huff in frustration.

"Hold on!" I shout back, putting on my heels.

"You're taking forever!" He groans, using his speed to appear in the doorway of our bedroom.

"You have forever with me, so quit whining!" I snap, grabbing my coat and putting it on. "I told you I wanted a shower after my training session with Vito. You didn't exactly tell me we were going out for dinner tonight!"

He rolls his eyes, taking my hand once I'm finally ready. We walk downstairs and out to the car waiting for us, the driver closing my door once I got in. Thankfully, Asher has told me that we're going to a fancy restaurant where both blood and actual food are served for vampires and people passing through this realm. He helped pick out a royal blue dress for me and a pair of black heels. I paired it with gold jewelry and a black clutch, leaving my hair down in soft curls.

We drive towards the city and it doesn't take long for us to reach the modernized building filled with supernatural creatures walking in and out of it. Stepping inside, I'm greeted by classy decor with dim lighting and a sultry atmosphere. Everyone looks up at our entrance, Asher and I waving to them before we are guided to our private table. By now, everyone has heard of who I am to Asher and that I will be their Queen someday soon. Word about what happened to me also traveled fast while I was recovering during these past three months. Numerous gifts and offerings were sent to the castle as soon as it was announced that I woke up. 

"This is lovely." I smile as we're given the menus, gesturing to the view of the sea.

"I hope you like the food too." He winks, putting his chair next to mine as soon as the waiter leaves.

"Ash!" I chuckle in disbelief over his actions as he drapes an arm across my shoulders. "You can dial down the over-protectiveness now, I'm fine."

"I'll always be protective when it comes to you, little butterfly." He murmurs huskily, my breath hitching as he presses a loving kiss to my neck.

"Stop it!" I whisper-shout when the waiter comes back to take our order.

Asher grins cheekily before telling him that we'll need a few more minutes. I shake my head in amusement before opening the menu, glancing over the numerous dishes. Peeking at Asher's menu, I see that it's a list of drinks of various types of animal blood. When the waiter comes back, Asher orders first before I order the seafood linguine with red wine, both of us picking the chocolate cake to share.

We talk throughout our dinner and end the night with the delicious dessert, leaving the restaurant with our hands intertwined. I shiver at the cold, looping my arm through his as we make our way towards the car. Hopping in, I ask the driver to turn the heat up before cuddling up to Asher. The partition is put up before we drive out onto the main road.

"I don't think I can warm you up, dragostea mea." He chuckles, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. (My love)

"The feeling I get when we make contact is enough." I mumble, closing my eyes as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"And what do you feel?" He whispers, brushing his lips against my cheek.

"A million sparks and tingles that warm my body right up." I grin, staring up at him. "I feel safe, protected and loved."