Mas Adelante - Chapter Eleven

"Well if it isn't my favorite Prophet." Lola crossed her arms, biting her lip as she took him in, his familiar green cloths and braids brought back memories.

Latrelle smirked, flashing his gold grill, "in the flesh ma." He kissed her cheek, "what brings yo fine ass out here?"

"Obviously looking for you." She wrapped her hand around his neck, stepping closer til their bodies were touching, "you're not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am." He looked her up and down, "looks like I'm not the only one happy to see you."

She leaned closer, now wrapping her other arm around him, linking her hands at the back of his head.

"Where yo lil boyfriend at?" He looked around, "I ain't seen 'em."

"He's asleep somewhere." She shrugged, "you don't have to worry about him. Worry 'bout me." She kissed his bottom lip, tugging it with her teeth.

Latrelle pulled a small pink pill with a butterfly on it from his pocket, "never that." He set it on his tongue, leaning down to kiss her.

She took the pill with her tongue, swallowing it, then continued kissing him until his hand wrapped around her neck, licking her bottom lip.

She pulled away, and he sucked his lips, savoring the taste of her kiss.

"Where you been at?" His thumb touched her bottom lip, smirking at her. "Missed you around here."

"You do remember I'm Spooky's sister right?"

He shrugged, "it's not your fault you were born into a Santo family. Come round here I'll make you forget your last name."

She hummed, then she felt herself being ripped away and Latrelle was on the floor.

Everything went in slow motion, the pill was taking effect.

She heard screaming then she was off of her feet, the person carrying her was dodging people running at them, pulling guns out.

Then she was tossed in someone's lap and a car started.

She heard gun shots before she passed out.

Oscar flicked the light switch off, shutting the door behind him. "She's still asleep." He said, looking between Ruby and Cesar who were sitting on the couch, "she'll be out for a little while."

Ruby nodded, looking over at Cesar who spoke. "Are we gonna talk about it?"

"You wanna talk about it?" Oscar pulled a chair out at the dining table, sitting. "Talk then, cause I ain't got nothin' to say."

"She was kissing a Prophet and you have nothing to say?"

Oscar snarled, he couldn't say anything cause he didn't want to hear it, he couldn't believe what he had seen.

Ruby stood, "I should go, looks like you two need some good ol' family privacy."

Oscar's bedroom door opened, and Lola walked out with her hand on her forehead. She groaned, "hey guys." She covered her eyes, "the light kills."

Oscar stood up, walking towards his baby sister. "Hey lil mama, how you feelin'?"

Cesar rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Why is he being a hater?" She closed her eyes, nodding at Cesar. "My head hurts."

Oscar set his hand on her shoulder, guiding her towards his room. "Lay down, I'll bring you some water in a sec."

"But–" he shut the door in her face and she groaned.

"So you're babying her now?" Cesar chuckled, shaking his head. "No mames."

"She needs me." Oscar crossed his arms, "and I'm gonna be there for her, I don't care how you feel about it or what you gotta say."

Ruby took a step toward the door, "yeah, definitely going home"

"Take care compa." Cesar mumbled, his eyes hadn't left Oscar, who stared back with the same intimidating face.

"Sure." Ruby said, opening the door.

Cesar swallowed, "she won't learn if you keep letting her make the same mistakes over and over again–"

"Oh you're gonna tell me how to raise her now? Need me to remind you that you don't even want her here?"

Cesar groaned, shouting, "I never said that!"

"Don't!" Oscar yelled, "raise your voice at me Cesar."

"Whatever man." Cesar shook his head, "when she turns up pregnant or worst; dead on the streets, remember this conversation." He opened the front door, slamming it as he walked out.