"Every word I wrote was for you."- Bang Chan

A/N: I'm literally so in love with Chan that i always go overboard for his imagines. So sorry if this is really long. I just really really really really love Chan (': 💞✨

•Pairing: Chan x Reader•Genre: Fluff•Warnings: None•Requested By: himiwaritaiyo ✨•Words: 938•Not proofread-------

Pairing: Chan x Reader
•Genre: Fluff
•Warnings: None
•Requested By: himiwaritaiyo
•Words: 938
•Not proofread
-------

Working with Chan on music was always something you had enjoyed. Ever since you became a trainee at JYP back in 2010, the same year as Chan; you two have been best friends since. Chan was always very protective over you. Wether it be hate comments or crazy "fans" jealous of your friendship, she always protected you and made sure you felt safe.

Even though Chan was still under a dating ban fir the next 2 years, you couldn't help but develop feelings for him. You didn't know if Chan even felt the same way, which is why you never would tell him. Ruining his career was the last thing you wanted. Especially since he worked so hard to get where he is.

But since it was comeback season for you, as a solo artist you needed to have at least one duet on your album. Who better to ask than your best friend Chan?

When you walked into Chan's studio he already had his headphones on producing beats for your song. "Oh hey Y/N." He smiled. You waved and set your backpack down in one of the chairs behind him. "How long have you been in here?" You asked, followed by a chuckle.

"I really don't think you want to know." He said. "Here listen to this real quick, I wanna know what you think." He said, putting the headphones on your ears. A slow beat rang through the headphones, no lyrics. Not yet, just a tune that you could swear made you fall even more in love with Chan.

"I like it." You smiled. "Should we start working on lyrics?" You asked. "We shall Milady." He bowed.

You both sat in the studio over a notebook on his desk brainstorming lyrics. He kept telling you it wasn't an overnight process but you knew you already had lyrics in mind. Targeted specifically at him. You quickly took the notebook from the desk and started messily writing verse after verse. In about 30 minutes you had the whole thing written out. The only problem was, you already knew Chan was going to ask who the lyrics we're about; and indeed he did.

"So you have some pretty strong feelings for someone I'm guessing?" Chan asked as he read over the lyrics. You shrugged and walked into the recording booth with your verse on paper in front of you. Chan sat in his chair managing the mix and listening to you sing. You were pouring all your emotions that you and for him into these lyrics. Chan could tell that you were seriously in love with this person. But who?

"That was.... amazing Y/N..." He dramatically gasped. "Thank you." you giggled.

After the two of you finished recording, and you went home. Chan couldn't get his mind off who you wrote this lyrics too.

-----

You could hear the fans outside the curtain cheering your name like it was the only thing they knew. Chan had texted you the day before saying he sadly couldn't make it, and that you would need to cover his part for him. Which made you nervous, because your pitch on singing was drastically different from his; and this performance to you was your only chance to actually tell Chan how you felt. But there's always a next time.

Your stylist put the finishing touches on your simple makeup and you walked out to stage. Standing in the middle, the centre light landed on you and music started playing. All throughout your career you were known for having extremely powerful vocals, and you didn't want that to change. Even though you were nervous you were hitting your notes like there was no tomorrow.

Then Chan's part started playing and you froze when you heard Chan's live vocals from behind you and the fans started fanatically cheering you both on. He had never looked for beautiful to you then when the light was shining directly on him and he was so focused on singing that it made you slightly nervous.

When the performance finished you could already tell your freezing up was already going to be all over social media. Chan ran over you and spun you around in a big bear hug. "You sounded amazing! Sorry for saying I couldn't make it. I had a change of plans." He smiled

"Y-yeah that's okay." You stuttered.

You headed home as fast as you could to avoid any further awkward conversation with Chan. You finished your nightly routine and plopped onto the couch. When your phone dinged.

Chan: I saw the performance clips. Why were you looking at me like that?

Like What?

Chan: You looked like you were in love with me lmao

Maybe I am 🤷

Never in your life had you ever regretted sending a text message. But that message was the biggest regret of your life.

Chan: What do you mean?

Every lyric i wrote in that song was dedicated to you Chan. I've literally been in love with you for the longest time. Honestly that performance didn't exactly help me feelings for you.

Chan: Is your door unlocked?

Yeah why?

Chan: I'll be over in 10 minutes. I want to show you a song I wrote you. It's about how much I love you.

Bring tissues, I have a feeling I'll be crying.