25. Heartbeat

DAMONS POV
I've spent the last few hours sitting on Kylie's roof watching the street and keeping an eye on her. I'm here because some of the tomb vampires attacked Stefan and I last night and I want to make sure she is safe. I mean 26 blood-hungry vampires are on the loose. I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to kill the doppelgänger of their arch-enemy.

I stare at her stunning face as she sleeps ever so peacefully... How did I manage to lose her? However, I'm interrupted when guess who calls? Stefan.

"Kylie, are you okay?" Stefan asks pathetically. Jesus Christ.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why? Stefan, it's 2 o'clock in the fucking morning." She groans flopping back onto her bed.

"The vampires from the tomb are on the loose and I just wanted to make sure you're alright." He replies. Aww, what a hero! He makes one fucking phone call whilst I'm here all night. It hurts. Because I know I fucked up and probably always will... But hey, at least I'm not a ripper.

KYLIES POV
I'm so fucking annoyed with Elena! She drove off to school and left me to walk! I mean I know I stole her boyfriend but there are 26 hungry vampires roaming around! 

Anyways, my life is way too confusing right now. I miss Damon of course but Stefan is so caring and considerate. I think that's just what I need in my life right now. I honestly have no clue what to do. I think I need to make a pros and cons list at this point I'm so stuck. 

I continue staring down at the pavement when suddenly I see a pair of feet in front of me.

"Oh sorry, my bad." I quickly blurt out before we bump into each other. But when I look up I come face to face with the guy who thought I was Katherine last night. Fuck. I quickly turn around to run in the opposite direction but he grabs me from the waist. Before I can try to hit him or try to scream for help I feel a cold prick in my neck. I can't even process anything before I feel myself fading. 

———————

I open my eyes and I try to make out my surroundings but I'm in a dark musty basement. It feels damp and moist. As I come to my senses I notice that my hands are bound to chains.

"Kylie." I hear from somewhere across the room. I look up to see Stefan in the exact same chains only across from me. This'll be fun. I mean at least he's shirtless, right?

"Stefan. What's going on?" I ask tugging at my chains. I hear a little chuckle from behind me and I turn my head to see some guy leaning against the wall getting quite the view.

"Fucking pervert," I say confidently and I see him raise his eyebrows. He stands up properly and walks in front of me.

"I'm sorry what was that?" He asks once he's centimetres from my face.

"Why don't you let me and my friend out of here?" I reply trying to get out of this situation before we get in too deep.

"Mm I don't think so... I plan on having a little fun with you two." He announces with a chuckle. He is disgusting. He walks over to Stefan and pulls a knife out of his back pocket. Oh, shit. He places the tip gently on his bicep and then rips it downwards. However, he only gets a slight grunt from Stefan in return.

"So Stef? Do you love her?" He asks doing the same on the other arm. Stefan doesn't reply causing me to gulp a little. I seriously do not need this right now. 

"How about you, Kylie?" He says emphasising my name. He slowly makes his way over to me making me very uncomfortable.

"Who do you prefer? Stefan or Damon?" He asks me but I just shrug trying to act relaxed. I'm fucking freaking out. This aggravated him and before I can scream he brings his teeth down on the right side of my throat causing me to lose my footing but the chains hold me up. I scream out in pain because he just doesn't stop. I feel tears forming in my eyes as I make eye contact with Stefan. This feeling is unlike anything I've ever felt before. I have only felt this lack of control once in my life. The worst night of my life. I feel his long sharp white teeth shred my veins and I would give anything for the excruciating pain to go away.