I Starting Overthinking

Tuesday January 5th, 2150

I got up early today and went back to the primary school, the teachers were at the entrance making sure the student go in on time. Inside just the left of the ship seal are holo-frames with the picture and names of the faculty. Aaron Hill, third grade teacher.

Walking to his classroom I find him alone at the desk. He’s looking at his tablet no doubt his mind on the lesson plan. “Aaron Hill?”

He turns its the same man. “Yes?”

I toss him the flashdrive. “Your missing something?”

He looks at the drive then at me voice full of panic. “Your not a guard are you?”

“No, you flushed that but put to much plastic wrap on it so it caught in kitchen.”

“Your a mecha?”

“WHat do you send down in exchange for the messages back?” I was hoping it wasn’t Kreedo. Then I would have to report him.

“My wife is in food processing, she peels and core’s the apples. Every once in a while they’ll have damaged apple that ends in someone’s lunch bag.”

“Seeds, that good.” I look at the clock students will be here soon. “Be careful in the future.”

As I turn to leave he asked more panicked then he should. “Why didn’t you?”

I didn’t stay to answer questions because I don’t have a good answer. I overthink and that’s bad. When I don’t have an answer that’s worst my mind goes into overdrive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kye joined me for lunch today. He was offered a chance to speak to a group of new botany students. The class got out at the same time as my mathematics course. So, here we are in public having a mini date I guess. Kye sets the sandwitches on the bench. We’re above the cafeteria there is a causeway to walk along but there are little couches to for those who like to eat in peace.

“Thank you.” I say taking my food. “Such a gentleman.”

“So, who invited us to a VR date night?”

“Cole and his wife. I work with him, he’s cool not judgy or nosy like some people.” I look down where others are looking up some with pity others with contempt and a few with curiosity.

Kye of course had no problem with this plan I knew he would. “What time?”

“Six we’re going to eat on the row, probably at the diner, then the VR are at the Arcade.”

He nods along accenting his voice, “Murder mysteries are my favorite.”

I giggle, on my water. “What the hell kind of accent was that?”

“That is my best Sherlock Holmes.” He answers looking at me with mock hurt.

Shaking my head I say. “Stick to plants, my love.”

“Right did you work yesterday?”

I nod chewing on a pickle. “Yeah I’ll be working Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays with Tuesday and Thursday being class days.”

Kye smiles looking at me, I’m trying to figure out what’s making him so happy we do this all the time. He knows what I’m thinking and answers without me asking. “I like this, I can’t wait for us to be officially doing it.”