chapter 1 - never ending bruises

- Story originally written 20th January 2020, fully edited 18th March 2023 and further edited 30th December 2023 onwards.
- This part was originally re-published March 18th 2023. Renamed 31st December 2023.

This story takes place when Harry, Hermione and Ron are about to enter 5th year at Hogwarts.

Warnings:
> abuse (verbal and physical)
> harsh language

———

Harry woke up at seven in the morning thinking about the shit day he had ahead of him, Getting up he walks down the stairs anxiously. Fearful of what they would do today.

Harry manages to reach the bottom of the stairs only to receive a slap on his cheek, Dudley thought it was funny when he done that, when he randomly hit him. Harry couldn't blame him he'd been brought up by Vernon Dursley a man who thought he could slap around anyone if he was angry enough. 

He yelped from the shock and pain only for Dudley to hiss "Shut up." to him, Harry glared at the other boy but regretted it as a punch landed on his stomach and face, a bruise was left on his cheek with a couple more added to his already black and blue stomach, it seemed never ending and all he could think while it was happening was how it was all his fault, all of it.

How am I going to hide these at school? 
Do I deserve this? Yes. Yes you do.

After Dudley finished 'having his fun' Harry went to the kitchen to make his family breakfast, this was one of his daily chores, one of many. Dumbledore refers to these people as family, it made Harry think, if this was his family what did he do wrong? Does Dumbledore know what they do to him, does he know and let it happen?

Vernon walked out of his bedroom and down the stairs, each thump louder than the last. The plates were being placed on the table when he started speaking, "Today someone important is coming over and we all have our own roles," He carried on speaking while glaring at the boy, "Petunia you'll be-" 

Petunia finished his sentence "In the lounge waiting to welcome them graciously into our home." Vernon then glanced over to his son, "Dudley you'll be-" Dudley followed his Mother and carried on the sentence, "Waiting to open them, of course." He looked at his wife and son, "Excellent." he grinned then he looked down at Harry, making the boy glance at Vernon's shoes, not wanting to make eye contact. They all stood next to each other "And you?" 

Harry replies coldly with no emotion, having rehearsed this many times before, "I'll be in my bedroom making no noise and pretending like I don't exist." 

"To right you will." Vernon spat in disgust, "With any luck this could be the biggest deal of my career and you will. not. mess. it. up." Harry nods silently. "I will be in your room at 8." Vernon smirked. Harry nodded again and ran upstairs.

The people coming over to see Vernon arrived a little while after Harry went back to his room, they talked about god knows what then left 3 hours after they'd arrived, it was now half one in the afternoon and the young boy was scared, but he didn't know, he couldn't have known something else was going to happen before time. 

It had been a few more hours, Harry spending his time reading some rubbish book he'd found on a bench a few months ago, but at least it was something, he jumped up, harshly, when there was a loud bang on the other side of his bedroom door, he glanced at the clock, it's barely six o'clock they said eight.

The door swung open and the boy similar age to Harry smirked, he knew what this meant, he always knew what this meant, "B..But y..you guys said 8." 

"B-b-b-but," Dudley mocked, "New schedule, my fun is whenever I want and dad's fun is at 8."

He stepped closer to the raven haired boy who was now cowering away from him in fear, he didn't want to feel this pain again, his body was tired. "P..please I'll do anything." Harry cried out, just wanting him to stop. He just wanted them all to stop.

"But I want to do this, and I want you to stay still so I can do what I want." Harry gulped and just gave up trying knowing that no matter what he couldn't stop him, Dudley repeatedly slapped and punched the boys arms, chest, stomach, legs, all while tears streamed down his face, he stayed as quiet as possible knowing if he made any attempt to stop him and vocalised his pain the beating would get more vicious. 

Dudley finally finished having his fun, leaving Harry with not a lot of time before it was Vernon's turn. He stepped inside the bathroom, wincing in pain, one or more of his ribs felt and looked bruised hopefully not broken, bruised face, a split lip and a split on his eyebrow, his stomach, the main target aside from his face, was bleeding and bruised no spaces left clear, some bruises scattered along his legs.

The beaten boy flinched when there was banging on the bathroom door "Come on it's my turn." Vernon spoke through the locked door, Harry was scared, he could cover his injuries with a glamour charm but he had to be careful that no one would see anything, he thought he was getting treated badly now he couldn't imagine how much worse it would get if someone found out.

Another bang shook the door, "I'm going to give you 2 minutes to meet me in your room, you know what'll happen if you're late."

-
897 words - chapter one; never ending bruises.