Chapter 19 - Avoiding Them

Ares Collin

Me and Rosie got out from the car and walked together side by side to the lift. We just arrived at our apartment building and it's already late. We got into the lift and I don't want to talk to Rosie because she's in a really sensitive state and I don't want to hurt her with my words even though I won't say something anything bad.

"I want to.. uhmm.. order pizza, if you want.. we can eat together." She said suddenly right before the lift door opens stopping right on her floor.

"I'd love to." I said and she gestured me to follow her out. We walked towards her door and she put in the passcode.

"I'll go change first." She said and I nodded. I let her go to her room and I walked towards the living room. I sat on the sofa and started to look around. I love her design of the house, she has a big bookshelf near the entrance door and small comfy looking sofa right next to it.

I got up and walked towards the bookshelf looking at the books that she read. I scanned one by one and chuckled when I saw weird books like how to be successful gagwoman and some other weird stuffs. My eyes landed on one section on the bookshelf.

It's all the books of Elena Parker. She said she.. doesn't like romance but she has all her books. I walked back to the sofa before Rosie kills me for looking at her stuffs. The second I sat down, she walked out from her room.

"The pizza will come in 30." She said and I turned to her nodding. She walked towards the kitchen.

"Okay."

"Water?"

"Yes, please." I said and Rosie got me a water bottle. She sat on the sofa. I opened the water bottle and drank a few sip.

"I hate to say this but.. thankyou for being there earlier." She said in a really sincerely tone. I turned to her and smiled.

"I have one advice for you, Rosie. I don't know if you wil like it or not." I said in a really careful tone. She nodded and she gestured me to say it.

"Love and lost are 2 different things but always come together. I know you experienced lost 7 years ago and it's okay to be angry, to be sad and to blame love but please don't blame yourself or beat yourself up. Do you think your mom will be happy up there knowing that her one and only daughter keep grieving?" I said and she looked down blankly.

"Rosie, love will always come with a risk. No matter how much you try to shut everyone in your life, you can't avoid it forever. One day, you have to let your guard down and move on." She looked up to me slowly and she sighed.

"You deserve to be happy. If you keep being trap in the past, when will you move on? Your mom wants you to be happy and seeing you like this won't make her be in peace up there. Everything happens for a reason and you know that." I added.

"I don't think I can. I don't want to experience lost again. I hate it. I hate being attach to someone because one day.. they will always leave."

"What if they won't leave?" I asked and she gave me a cold smile.

"Ares, I bet you already thinking when will you can end the deal with me because I kept acting like a bitch. Everyone will always leave me, it's a curse that I have to deal for the rest of my life." She hissed coldly.

"Yes.. I did think about leaving you but now.. not anymore." I admitted and I confessed my heart too.

"What?"

"I want to try to be your friend, I still have 10 weeks left." I said and she laughed dryly.

"I experienced lost too remember? I lost my brother and I know how you feel better than anyone else." I said as I moved closer to her.

"I believe in you, Rosie. Once you let your past go and try to live what's now, the weight on your shoulder will gone. It's not easy, I know.. but it will be so worth it in the end." I smiled as I took her hand patting it. She didn't pull her hand away from me, she just looking at it.

"I can help you, if you let me try." I said and she shook her head.

"No." She said shaking her head a few times.

"Give me a chance." I said and she shook her head again.

"I don't want to trust new people. I have 3 people and that's enough." She said as she pulled her hand from me.

"Fine. You don't have to trust me but I want you to try let your guard down to hangout with me. From now on.. you will see me a lot instead of just once a week." I said and she shook her head.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Ares. I know what will happen if you keep doing this."

"Then let it happen!" I bursted completely tired arguing with her.

"Just for once in your life, try to get out from your comfort zone!" I said and she closed her eyes sighing.

"I don't want to be attach to you, I don't."

"Should I write a contract to be your slave?" I asked and her eyes widen.

"What?"

"Just cooperate with me and let's see how it will go."

"I don't like uncertainty. You.. acting like this will make me attach to you and you.. you.. will leave once you successfully changing me. I will start from 0 again once you leave." She said seriously and I looked at her completely speechless.

"That's why I don't want to be friends with a lot of people because when I love and like someone.. I tend to pour my heart out for that person. I can't change that because that's in my blood but I can change by avoiding them."