Chapter 28 - We'll See About That

Ares Collin

I looked out the window drinking my coffee trying to distract myself to not look at Rosie. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I kept repeating thay because I'm trying to calm my emotion down.

"I told you to cover me up yesterday right? Do you remember that?" Rosie suddenly stood beside me.

"What about it?"

"He's the guy that I told you yesterday. His name is Bryan Rodes."

"So.." I'm not in the mood, really. She destroyed my mood yesterday and I'm still so pissed at her today. It's so amazing how she affected my emotions. Damn it!

"Just wanting to tell you that. I'm borrowing your charger.. I'll give it back to you later on." She said and how dare her going away just like that. I caught her hand before she can go.

"What?" She asked.

"Where are you going?" I asked looking at her from head to toe once again.

"None of your business." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Where are you going? You're wearing a dress like this." I said.

"What exactly do you want?" She asked as she turned to me pulling her hand from my grip. She crossed her arms in front of her chest looking at me waiting for an answer.

"What do you mean by that?"

"The words that you said yesterday."

"Nothing."

"Okay." She said turning her body again but before she can fully turn, I pulled her into my arms.

"I don't know since when but.. I just want more." I said honestly as I'm still hugging her.

"I'm not one of those people who will just leave you, Rosie." I said because that's the truth. It's always been the other way around, people that I dated before left me.

"I come here not to borrow charger but to apologize.. sorry for being a little rude yesterday." She said and I smiled. I released the hug and looked at her.

"Say it again."

"I'm not repeating anything." She said shaking her head. I slowly leaned down my head towards her and she didn't back away or trying to hit me. I kissed her cheek and I patted her head.

"You wanna company me to my office to drop some files? We can go eat lunch after that." I asked and she nodded.

"You can go get ready downstairs but please.. don't wear this dress." I said as I gestured her dress.

"Okay." She said and I walked to my door.

"Go." I said and she nodded but before she opened the door. I gave her my sandals so she don't have to be barefoot.

"Thanks." She said and left. I jumped into the shower and I swear I can't help but to smile like an idiot. I'm just happy that she's willing to open up after 1 month full of ups and downs for me. We're entering our 5 weeks and I can't say that I'm completely success but I did my best.

I walked out from the shower and get ready. I waited for a moment before going down because I know girls need more time to get ready than boys. I texted her to tell me if she's ready. I took my papers that I need to drop at the office and put it beside me so I won't forget it.

After 30 minutes waiting, she texted me back. I put my shoes on and walked out from my apartment. I pressed the lift button and pressed Rosie's apartment floor. Why is my heart beating so fast suddenly? Oh boy.

I walked out from the lift and pressed Rosie's door bell. The door opened revealing Carrie and she smiled widely at me.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm just busy with work.. you're here to pick Rosie right?" She asked and I nodded. She called Rosie while I waited for her standing near the door.

"Can you please put the cake inside the fridge?" When Rosie walked towards me, it felt like a slow motion. She's wearing a denim jeans with a white shirt. That look is like everyguy's fantasy.

"You're drooling." Carrie said in a small tone. I closed my mouth and tried to look away.

"Let's go." I turned to Rosie and nodded. Carrie gave me a big smirk and she gave me a kissy face behind Rosie's. I looked at her disbelief and she winked at me.

"Have fun." She teased.

"Bye." Rosie said and I waved at her. We walked towards the lift and she pressed the button. My eyes can't stop looking at her because damn.. earlier it was a grey tight dress and now.. white shirt and jeans.

"Is that the file?"

"Yup." I said as we walked into the lift.

"Your drawing?" She asked and I nodded. I pressed the parking lot button and after that none of us talk.

"What do you want to eat for lunch?" I asked.

"Uhmm.. do you have something in mind?" She asked me back.

"Korean BBQ? Do you like it?" I asked as I turned to her.

"Yes." She answered and at the same time we're arrived at the parking lot. We walked together to the car. I out my seatbelts on and she put hers. I started my car and drove towards my office.

"Do you mind if you come with me to my office?" I asked.

"Uhmm.. okay."

"If you're uncomfortable, you can wait in the car." I said but I was hoping that she comes because I want to show my office to her.

"Can I see your drawings?" She asked and that made me smile.

"You'll fall in love with it.. better watch out."

"We'll see about that."