Chapter 41 - Break Up

Ares Collin

Rosie is currently staring at my hand and looking at it like she's observing it for some reason. She suddenly put his hand slowly on mine and then she intertwined her fingers  with mine. I chuckled seeing her being so curious and just trying to express her feelings.

"Aren't you tired?" She asked me suddenly as she put the left over crust to the empty pizza box.

"Yeah." I answered honestly and I turned to her. She's already looking at me and she smiled.

"Take a shower and go to sleep.. I'll take this out." She said as she tried to pull her hand away from mine. I held her hand tightly making her confuse and she tried again but I shook my head.

"You're tired.. your eyes are falling."

"I just don't want the night to end." I said as I looked up to the sky. She stood up and tried to pull me up fromt eh seat. I kept my body down making her difficult to pull me up.

"Come on.. you have to take a shower and sleep."

"You're staying right?" I asked and she nodded. I got up and walked inside. I took a fresh clothes out from my closet and my eyes landed on Rosie who's currently cleaning the pizza box and the crumbs on the table at the balcony. I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. After I'm done, I walked out from the bathroom . As I dried my hair, I turned my head to the balcony but she's not there.

I walked out from my room and found her calling someone. I showed up myself to her and she gestured me to wait. I walked to the kitchen to make a tea while hearing her talking on the phone. She's talking about work, editing, book covers and stuffs.

"No.. I can't come tomorrow but I can check on it on Friday. Okay.. okay.. bye." She ended the call and she got up from the sofa.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." She said as she walked towards me.

"It's your turn to take a shower.." I said as I waited my water to boil. She stood beside me and then she sat on the kitchen table saying nothing.

"You okay?" I asked and she started to caress my cheek. She cupped my face and looked at it observing like she did earlier.

"Rosie?"

"I.. I think.."

"You what? Don't even think trying to say about breaking up because we do-" My whole body tensed and my heart beating so fast.

"What are you saying?" She cut me and I raised my eyebrows.

"What are you trying to say then? Are you trying to break up with me?" I asked her suspiciously because she's been observing and just.. acting a little bit odd.

"Huh? Break up with you? No." She looked at me weirdly.

"Then what?"

"I think I've missed you." She said and my heart melted. I was so tensed earlier because she kept looking at me like she's ready to leave me or something.

"You do?" I asked and she nodded. I hugged her right away and I chuckled.

"I missed you too, I finished my meeting early and changed my flight to see you." I said honestly.

"I can't really sleep.." She said in a small tone.

"Really? You missed me that much?" I asked in a teasing tone and she pushed me away.

"You're annoying.. you're ruining the mood." She hissed and I laughed.

"Take a shower and let's go to bed." I said as I picked her body up helping her to get down.

"Do you think I should talk to Bryan?" She suddenly asked.

"Well.. personally, I don't really like that guy but since he used to be your bestfriend.. and he did hurt you at one point.. I still think you two should talk.. once.. once.." I said as we walked towards my room together.

"I'll take a quick shower.. go to sleep." She said.

"I'll wait for you."

"Okay." She said and she walked into the bathroom. I laid on my bed and looked up to the ceiling. I can't help but to smile when she said she missed me. My heart was just full of joy at this point and I just.. can't express the happiness inside of me.

I turned on some music and closed my eyes as I'm waiting for Rosie to come out. I opened my eyes right away when the bathroom door opened. Her body was wrapped in a towel as she walked towards my closet taking my hoodie out. She wore it and she looked at the mirror to fix her hair.

"Do you want me to turn off the lights?" She asked as she turned to me.

"Yes.." I said and she nodded. She turned off the lights and she walked towards me. She laid beside me and I pulled her closer.

"You must me tired.. go to sleep."

"I want to spend time talking to you.. is it a crime?" I asked and she chuckled.

"You have work tomorrow?"

"Nope, I'm taking a break tomorrow. How about you?"

"I have an early meeting tomorrow but after that I'm done."

"Let's go to the beach tomorrow." I suggested.

"Okay."

"Let's stay there for a night, how's that?"

"You sure? You're not busy?" She asked in a careful tone.

"Yeah, don't worry." I said as I kissed the top of her head. There was a silence between us for a few seconds.

"Ares."

"Hmm?" I asked as I closed my eyes fully.

"What will happen if we.. break up?"

"Why do you ask that? Do you really want to break up wih me that much?" I asked in a really small tone.

"I mean.. you never know. It might happen."

"Rosie, I don't really like the idea of you talking about it. I never even think about it when I'm with you." I said seriously completely hating the fact that she's imagining the breakup.

"Sorry.. I just.. nothing."

"I'm happy now.. I hope you're happy to when you're with me. I don't want to think about something bad will happen between us." I said and she suddenly kissed my cheek.

"Now go to sleep.." She said as she patted my stomach slowly. After that.. I went to dreamland.