Chapter 32 - Why?

Ares Collin

I woke up because my alarm went off. I quickly turned it off and got up from the bed. I saw Rosie still sleeping and I can't help but smile. She's my girlfriend now and I bet everything will fall into place. I kissed her cheek and quickly go to the bathroom to wash my face. I brushed my teeth and quickly put on my work clothes.

I sat beside Rosie and kissed her forehead before heading out. I walked out from my room and I froze when I saw my parents in my living room.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them and they gave me a you-got-caught look.

"We were going to drop some stuff for you." My mom said pointing at the bags on the kitchen table.

"What is it?"

"So.. you and Rosie?" My dad started and I gestured him to not talk about it but he seems very happy.

"So you and her?" My mom asked in a small tone.

"Yeah.. but please keep it down, she's asleep." I said and they smirked.

"Let's go out.. I'm going to work." I said as I scooped them both together towards the door.

"So happy for you." My mom squealed.

"Thanks mom but we just got together so please don't be too excited." I said truthfully and my mom nodded. We all walked out from my apartment and I'm going to work anyway.

I drove to my office and yes I'm smiling like an idiot every second. I can't describe how I feel but I know that I like Rosie even the feelings are not that strong yet because we just start this.

After parked my car, I went up to my office and started the meeting right away. We're currently talking about the on going project since 2 weeks ago and we're still far from finishing it. I gave the sketch but still need a lot of fixing.

I felt my phone vibrating and I took it out from my pocket. I smiled when I saw Rosie's name on the screen.

Just got up, I have a meeting until 2. Are you still up for lunch?

I replied her that we can still eat lunch together. I put my phone back and concentrate back to my meeting. After 1.5 hours of meeting, we're done.

"Let's go have lunch together." Mason said to me and Josh.

"Sorry.. going to have lunch with my girlfriend." Josh said and Mason turned to me.

"Me too." I said as I gathered all my files in front of me.

"What do you mean me too? You're joining Josh?" Mason asked.

"Huh?" Josh looked at me confuse.

"I'm going to have lunch with my girlfriend too." I said and Josh closed the door. Mason looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"The girl that you brought here yesterday?" Mason asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

"That's the girl that we-"

"Yes.. so shut it." I said and Mason seems want to know more. I walked out from the meeting room and went back to my office. I decided to finish up my work before Rosie comes here.

Someone bursted into the office and I turned my head to see Mason.

"Are you seriously have a girlfriend now?" He asked.

"Yes, Mason." I said as I continued to do my work.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"You're making me more lonely. Who will I eat lunch with now then?"

"That's why you need a girlfriend." I said as I keep sketching on my computer.

"Girlfriend will be a pain in my ass." He hissed.

"You'll love it.. how about you and Mel?" I asked chuckling.

"Everytime we see each other, we always ended up fighting or killing each other." He said in an angry tone making me laugh. Suddenly someone knocked the door and I said come in pretty loudly.

"Ares." I turned to the door immediately. It's Rosie and I can't help but smile. I stood up from my chair and walked towards the door. I kissed her cheek and she greeted me with a smile.

"You're early." I said.

"Yeah, the meeting finished earlier so.." She said and her eyes landed on Mason. Mason stood up and he walked towards us.

"I'm Mason, this douche bag's friend."

"I'm Roseanne, you can call me Rosie." They shook hands for a second and then Mason excused himself. He seriously needs to find a girlfriend.

"You still busy?" She asked as she looked at my desk with all the papers everywhere.

"A little.. do you want to see me work? Give me 15 minutes and we'll head out for lunch." I said and she nodded. I grabbed her hand and closed the door with other hand. I led her towards my desk and took another chair for her to sit beside me.

"Sit here." I said and she sat down. I sat on my chair and started to finish my work.

"What is that small room for?" She asked pointing at a small room inside the house.

"The client wanted to build a small room for his dogs. He has 7 big dogs."

"Will they fit in there?" She asked and I turned to her smiling.

"Yes.. it seems a little small in the sketch but it will be bigger when it's done." I said and she nodded. I turned back to my work and continued to finish it.

"How's your work?"

"It was okay." She answered.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Fish and chips.. maybe. How about you?"

"I'm okay with everything." I answered and I decided to rest for awhile. I checked on the sketch and then I turned to Rosie who's still locked her eyes on the screen. I gave her a peck on the lips and she turned to me.

"What?"

"You look so cute." I said and she looked at me narrowing her eyes. I leaned my head to her slowly and kissed her slowly. She put her hands on my face cupping it to deepen the kiss.

"Come here you." I pulled her into my lap and started to continue working. I leaned my head to her arm and smelled her sweet jasmine scent.

"Will you stay with me again tonight?" I asked.

"No."

"Why?" I asked.

"One night is enough." She said and I pouted.