The Alliance- Chapter 11

Chapter 11- The Alliance

I woke up to the sound of knocking a the door.

"Anna go answer the door." I mumbled hoarsely while burying my face further into my pillow to drown out the surrounding noise. When I heard no response other than more knocking I flipped myself over.

"Hang on a damn minute!" I growled while moving into a sitting position before slowly making my way to the door. Letting out a deep breath, I placed one hand on my hip and slowly opened the door. I was abashed to see Kovacs standing before me.

"Hey there." He smiled while holding out a french vanilla towards me.

I raised an eyebrow while taking the cappuccino, staring at him wondering if I was even awake because this was a weird change of pace.

" Are you alright?" Kovacs looked honestly concerned about my well being which brought several other questions to mind.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I left my door open and returned to sit on my bed feeling a tad light headed from the rush of getting up too fast.

"Err... can we talk?"

"I thought that's what we were doing right now." I smiled a little feeling less grouchy at the sight of Kovacs, it was nice to see him looking as ripped and handsome as he always had. I knew this nice guy act was more than a facade but for whatever reason I didn't feel any threat.

" Do you want to come for a walk, there's a few things I want to talk to you about."

I thought about it long and hard for a moment , everything inside of me was screaming 'Don't do it you idiot!'. A bigger part of me said ' What could happen that was worse than last night?'. I shook my head and grabbed my sweater. As we made our way down the stairs I started texting Ambrose. "Don't have D's # tell him I'm out for a walk with K."

We walked past tons of kids that were letting out of classes and heading towards their other ones and the amount of stares we got was ridiculous.  

There was an inept silence between the two of us as we avoided eye contact and continued down the stairs, I thought of senseless babble to create conversation but I really didn't find anything I felt was worth talking about. It's not like I was going to be like " Hey how's the dark side going?" or " Plot to kill me lately?" I started smiling at the thought, I didn't need any entertainment when I had myself to keep me amused.

I felt my cell phone vibrate and I quickly checked my message. "Idiot, don't get yourself killed. -A" I shook my head after reading that , if that wasn't the best advice I've ever received I didn't know what was. I slipped it back into my pocket and continued to walk until we reached the door.

After we were a ways from the Safe House just wandering still on the property but enough distance from anyone which could be really dangerous if I wasn't prepared, but I was never unprepared.

" You need to leave here." Kovacs had a somber expression on his face as he stared at me intently.

" Excuse me?" I retorted wondering how he had any right to tell me what to do.

" Trinity there's some stuff you don't know and it's not safe for you here." Kovacs appeared to be sincere in nature but I was dying to know where this conversation was going.

" Well we are at a Safe House I couldn't imagine a place called a "safe house" to not be safe."

" I'm sorry for ditching you , I need to be honest with you Trinity." Kovacs looked away in shame.

"I know you're with them, I was the one that attacked Marlow that night . I saw everything , I want to know what is it he wanted you to do?" I stood there facing him clearly catching him off guard, I guess he wasn't as smart as he was cute.