Back

AN:

Hullo everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating! Finals are tough! Anyway, here you go!!

"Arthur, it's been two years." Gaius enters my chambers as I stare towards the enternece to Camelot.

"The druids said he'll be back and I believe them."

"Arthur, please be realistic. Camelot needs someone to rule after you. You need to find someone new. I miss him just as much as you, but you cannot waste away waiting for someone who isn't coming."

"Gaius, you think I don't know it's been 2 years? That I don't know that no one comes back? I know that he's gone, I know that everyday. But I need to believe that that wasn't the end." I snap for the first time in two years. "I know that I'm waiting for no one!"

With that I storm out of my chambers and into the kitchens. I sulk there for a while before slipping back into my chambers.

I kick the bedpost, scream, and throw, what for back of a better word, tantrum. "Merlin...come back...please come back..."

"Arthur, please come quickly. You need to go to the lake." Gwaine bursts in on my tantrum.

"Why." I blatantly ask.

"Because Lance thinks something's happening. He was at the lake and he says he's with Merlin."

"Merlin? Why didn't you start with that Gwaine?" I shout. "Let's go!"

"The Princess is back!" He hollers as we run to the stables.

"Merlin is back." I whisper to myself, praying that what Lancelot says is true.

My Merlin is back.