My life

"As a child your world is created by your parents and if your experience in that world is painful and stressful, then you go your whole life believing that world is just a painful and stressful place to live."

May 14th, 1992

San Francisco

Ella's P.O.V

My life was beautiful when I used to live with my Grandma. Mommy had me when she was 16 almost. She gave me to Grandma when I was born as she never wanted me.  Grandma gave me all the love and care I needed but with time she grew weak and old. She died when I was 3 and mommy was left with no choice. She took me to her house.

I wouldn't call my mom a terrible person just coz she's cold or she never loved me or never even liked me. I think she's troubled. She just needs a hug if you ask me (but not mine I've tried that many times ). My mom, she's an abandoned soul, a misguided young woman who would subconsciously put herself into situations that starved her soul and Charles was one of them.

She married Charles when I was 1. I remember Grandma and mommy had a huge fight about it. Grandma was warning her but she didn't listened. Mommy was already a drug addict before and after marrying Charles her bad habit increased.

Charles Adler.

The man I hate the most.

I remember him hitting me with stick when mommy took me to her house after Grandma's death. I remember mommy allowing him to hit me. I remember the night when he locked me in a store room. I remember the night when they threw a party at house and one of the guy injected me something. I started crying and suddenly I felt dizzy and passed out. I woke up on stairs next day with marks on my whole body. I remember him hitting mommy and cursing her for ruining his life. I remember all the shouting and yelling and fighting between them. I remember him insulting and humiliating my mommy. I wonder why mommy is still living with him. Why is she so weak around him? Why is she tolerating him? Why can't she see that he never actually loved her.

"I can't deny her", I thought, watching my mom leaning on and sniffing some white powder from the table. I can hate her, love her, pity her but I'm still stuck with her. One way or another she'll always be my mommy.

I think sometimes about my real daddy too. Grandma never told me much about daddy. Where is he? What's his name? Does he even knows I exist? I think he doesn't otherwise he wouldn't have left me and mommy. What does he look like? Do I look more like him or mommy? What does he likes to eat? What is his favorite color? Does he even want me or not? Is he like mommy?

I hope he's not like mommy.

Oh God! Plz no....

Suddenly I was shaken out of my thoughts as I heard mommy shouting and tossing papers: "You can't do this to me. You can't just leave me for that bitch you've just met."

"Well I already did. Now just get out of my house with your freakshow ." Charles said.

Suddenly mommy held the knife from aside saying:

"If you did this, I swear I'll kill you and then I'll kill myself."

Mommy is out of her mind. I can clearly see that.

Charles slapped mommy hard and tried to snatch knife from mommy.

I started sobbing. I can't let him hit mommy again.

I've to do something.

I ran inside the room stood in between them and tried to push him away from her.

"Leave her alone" I said pushing him.

"Get aside, freak." He said, pushing me away.

I fell hard on ground. He snatched the knife from her and stabbed her in stomach.

My world just stopped for a moment.

.

.

.

.

.

He killed her.

He killed my mommy.

The only relation I had.

No matter how she treated me, I've always loved her.

I looked at her as she took her last breath. Unending tears were trickling down my cheeks.

I looked at her lifeless body and then at him. 

He was already staring at me as if I was next.

I actually was the next.

I ran out of the room hearing him shouting and running towards me. I was on first stair when he kicked me on back throwing me down the stairs. The second last stair hit my head hard and after hearing the police siren from distance, I passed out.

Hello everyone, 

This is the first time I've penned down my thoughts and actually written something. Forgive my grammar or any other mistake you see. Do vote and give me your feedback in the comment section below. I've planned so much more for this book. I can't wait to write it all and show it to you guys. Have a nice and blessed day . :)