I Promise

May 16th 1992

C.P.S. Office 

San Francisco

Ella's P.O.V.

My Daddy.

He is here.

The one I used to think about whenever I felt unwanted, broken and unloved. The one who was not there when I was born. The one who was never there whenever they hurt me, whenever I was abused, mistreated or ignored.

The one I never knew existed.

Tears were slipping on cheeks as I stared him blankly. I didn't said a word. I was confused. I don't know how to react on this.

Should I be mad at him?

Or

Should I jump and hug him?

My brain stopped working. Mommy left me and now suddenly my dad I never knew existed is here. So, I carried on crying and gazing him. His face is clearly showing that he knows what I'm thinking. I saw tears in his eyes as he suddenly left the room.

Tony's P.O.V.

Her face was expressionless. Tears were slipping down her cheeks while her eyes were gazing mine. I wanted to hug her but her reaction was terrifying me.

To others her face was blank but for me, it wasn't.

She has questions. A lot of em & it's scary that I know what those questions are.

Somehow, I'm able to read her eyes.

She clearly want to ask me where was I when she was born. Where was I when all of this happened to her. Why didn't I showed up earlier.

I wanted to answer her questions but both of us are out of words. I was feeling guilty.

Her gaze was terrifying me.

I needed some air.

I went outside the room and bumped into doctor who's treating Ella. She wanted to inform me about her condition privately.

I felt numb after she explained it all. All I felt was anger, guilt and hate for that woman. How dare she did that to her. How dare she allowed others to molest my daughter. How can someone allow someone to do this to their child. I hate myself. I completely blame myself for what happened to my baby. I never wanted to be like Dad, but unknowingly I became the worst dad ever, even much more worse than my dad.

Ella's P.O.V.

After Daddy left the room, a man came near me. I flinched back asking:

"Who are you?"

"I am Colonel James Rhodes. Your Dad calls me Rhodey. You can call me Rhodey too. I am your Dad's best friend. I can be your best friend too." He said with a soft smile.