17

''So,'' Jimin speaks, ''we'll get straight to the point''

''The Lord invited you to join our cult''

''ah shit, here we go again'' you mumble, ''still going on about Lord?''

They stare at you calmly, showing no vestige of humour.

I thought they'd find that meme funny...did they not get it?

''So,'' you clear your throat awkardly. ''you're serious?''

Even Jungkook, who was the least serious out of the three had a stoic and nonchalant expression plastered onto his face. ''Yes''

''Can I know who this Lord is first?''

''You can't know unless you become a member'' Jimin replies bluntly, running a hand through his hair. ''The Lord only chose you because you don't fear. There's a different aura around you...our compelling stares don't work on you like other people''

''Is that a compliment?'' you strike a pose, nodding in satisfacion. ''bitch, I'm fabulous''

You see Jungkook's lips twitch, but he quickly composes himself when an annoyed Jimin elbows him.

''So yes or no?''

You bite your lip, various thoughts racing through your mind.

Naturally, you would say no. But an idea popped into your head.

You could agree, and act as a double agent and find out the truth about everything.

Lord, Satan, that compelling shit, the seven wonders, missing teenagers and whatever bull they pulled, you could discover it all.

But that may put your mother in risk.

''Give me time to think about it...'' you reply, eyes burning in a determined blazing fire as you locked gazes with them.

''hot...'' Taehyung mumbles to himself.

-

''Five days'' Jimin dropped, turning his back against you as he walked away. ''You have five days to decide...''

''Don't feel too pressurized~'' Jungkook ruffles your hair before walking away with Jimin.

You feel Taehyung's gaze burn onto the side of your face, but when you look at him he looks away. ''see you'' he mutters lowly before turning around.

''wait!''

He pauses, head angled to the side so his hooded gaze meets yours. ''what?''

''I'm lost...'' you mumble, gently tugging at his sleeve. ''may I have the directions to your heart?''

His face is blank and unamused, until he opens his mouth to speak, ''it's behind my ribcage''

You roll your eyes at his lame reply, smacking his chest before walking away. ''Do you even have a heart?''

As you stormed off, you were unaware of the soft smile that creeped onto his face, before he too walked away.

Darkness began making it's appearance in the late evening, the moon and stars shining above the passing clouds of ink. Hugging the Gucci jacket Taehyung gave you, you sprint through the empty alleway in hope to arrive home before your mother came back.

ding

You hear a sound but ignore it, yearning for the comfort of warmth. Your hairs stand at end, shivers running up and down your spine.

And that's when you realise the cause of your goosebumps were not because you were cold, but because someone, or something was watching you.

A figure crawls, ominously advancing as you hestitantly walked down the abandoned alleyway. A flicker of the street lamp and you momentarity lose him.

Without glancing back, you sprint through the sidewalks, breath forming smoky puffs as you inhaled and exhaled for air.

A hand suddenly grips your wrist, stopping you in your tracks. ''Kai?'' you gasp, breathless from all the running. Noticing your startled expression, he hugs you into his chest.

''Why are you ronning?'' he asks, ''And why are you out so late?''

''Going for a jog'' you breath, voice muffled into his clothes.

''Are you okay?'' he asks softly, arms firmly draping you.

You nod in response, listening to the faint breathing exuding from his chest. You don't know why he's still hugging you, yet you both say silent for a while, breathing quietly in the air.

''Y/N...'' he speaks up after a while, voice dangerously close to your ear. ''Why did you lie about meeting them?''

You gulp harshly, words stuck in your throat like ice. ''Meet who?''

His nose slightly flares as he inhales, and he releases you, following you until you're backed against the wall. ''them ''

His eyes are staring at you directly, an odd expression of distaste misting through them.

He's acting really weird...

''I don't know what you're talking about...'' you retaliate, surprised but not intimidated. ''what's gotten into you?''

''I'm just worried about you...those men are dangerous!''

''But I've got nothing to do with them!''

''Why you always lying?''

You heave a sigh, running a hand through your hair. ''Kai. Thank you for your concern, but he won't hurt me. I can take care of myself'' you calmly explain, watching his expression morph into a scowl.

''Which he?''

A moment of silence.

A figure falls from above, crashing onto the ground in front of you. ''She means me'' the deep voice rasps, the familiar tear mask glistening in the dark.

His eyes narrow into a glare, gripping Kai's throat as he holds him against the wall. ''Look who's back...''

''Who she meets is none of your concern'' a low growl echoes in his words, showcasing his irritance.

''Of course it is...'' Kai breathes, ''she's my best friend''

''Best friend, huh...'' his eyes flash beneath his mask. ''you don't look at your bestfriend like you wanna fuck her''

''what?'' you jerk your head towards him. ''Taehyung, he's been acting weird but he's never looked at me like that'' you retort in defense, grimace plastered onto your face.

Kai's eyes darken, hand gripping Taehyung's shoulder as he pushed him away. He lets out a dark chuckle. ''you're totally friendzoned'' Taehyung whispers into his ear.

''she likes me, she just doesn't know it'' Kai mutters under his breath, quiet enough for only Taehyung to hear.

''You don't get it, do you?'' Taehyung whispers, wearing a smug smirk beneath his mask. ''She's into hot and mysterious guys like me''

''what are you guys whispering about?'' you call, and they stop mumbling.

''I'm gonna go, see you tomorrow'' Kai mumbles towards you, expression grim.

''wait for....'' you call out but he's already walking away. You turn your attention to Taehyung, his framed lashes flickering towards the crimson ring on his finger.

It's flaring.

''shit, I didn't realise...'' he mumbles, looking around dubiously. But after a while, the red light dies down and no longer flashes.

His gaze flickers from his ring to your eyes, the stained tear rolling down his mask like always.

''thank you for coming back for me!'' you shatter the silence, grinning at him widely.

He edges towards you, alluring eyes piercing through yours. ''I came back for my £5900000 Gucci jacket'' he deadpans, sliding the cloth down your shoulders and wearing it himself.

A/N: ya'll will have to wait a bit till the cult shit really begins, we need some bonding time with Tae first 😏