45

And that's when everything went downhill.

Kai stumbles back in slow motion after Mark head butts him, and Taehyung watches the scene unfold in smug satisfaction, arm still draped around you. Lisa and Mina who watch as awkward bystanders back away slightly.

When he realises he's practically clinging onto you, he pushes you away. ''Can you stop hugging me?''

''you were the one hugging me, and don't pretend like you weren't enjoying it''

''Shut up and keep talking. What you gonna do about that fight?'' he points towards Kai and Mark who land a few lazy punches at each other. When you see the fire beginning to spark in Mark's attacks, you decide to step in.

''Flamebrain, you're hot!'' you call, attempting to avert his attention so he doesn't land the fiery attack currently forging on his fists.

''shut the fuck up- LOOK AT ME I'M HOTTER'' Taehyung pipes up in irritance, not taking the bait being the oblivious fuck he is.

Fair enough, Mark snaps his head towards you, expression contorting into an excited and smug one. ''You think I'm hot, huh''

''Yeah, now come here'' you order, and he happily obliges to come and stand next to you. Taehyung watches with furrowed eyebrows, looking away in annoyance.

Lisa and Mina watch him gaze at you, eyes not leaving your figure once. ''Do you like her by any chance?'' Lisa asks blatantly, and he jerks his head back in response.

''Are you fucking stupid?'' he glares, a blush rising to his cheeks. ''Why would you ask that?''

Mina hides behind Lisa until he looks away and continues to stare at you. ''He's so scary''

She nods in response, and they both remain silent, watching Taehyung storm towards you.

''Listen here Matthew, you clapped yute, I don't fucking care but can you stay 10 miles away from the little shit at all times?'' he interrupts, pushing him away.

''What was that, Taethong?!'' he screams aggressively, ''You wanna go?!''

''Shut u-'' you pause when you hear the distant huffing of someone nearby.

''hey'' there's a spark of raspy growl in Kai's voice, showcasing his anger. ''I'm telling the Lord''

His enigmatic gaze transition between all the figures present in the room, the whiteness in his eyes contaminated with a baleful darkness. He turns around to march away dogmatically, impending doom permeating through the room like a black fog when everyone realises his intentions.

''Kai, wait'' you blurt in haste, trying to think of something which would prevent him from telling the Lord. He stops, tilting his head to look at you.

''What is it? Go back to Mark and Taehyung, not like you care about me anyways''

''I do care about you'' you lie, walking towards him. You cared about the real Kai inside of him, but not the messed up Satan currently possessing him. ''I'm sorry, okay? Please don't tell my mother about any of this. She'll kill me. Do you want me to die?''

He shakes his head, eyes softening. ''Fine. I won't tell them. Can you stay away from them though?'' he points towards the two boys behind you, who stick their middle fingers out in response.

''Yeah yeah don't worry'' you wave a hand dismissively, spotting Jungkook and the rest of the boys making their way towards you. ''What brings you guys here?''

''Kai, you were told to collect some equipment as requested from the Lord'' Namjoon tells him. Kai nods, quickly hugging you before disappearing into thin air.