52

And then he attacks.

-

Initially, he was aiming straight for King.

But what V didn't expect, was that he'd play dirty and use the bodies of innocent citizens for his defense.

He was forced to halt, arm tense as his sword was centimeters away from a young compelled woman, on the verge of slicing her lifeless skin. Her wide eyes are blank and devoid of emotion, staring impassively into the distance, oblivious of the sword struck at her.

The King smirks in triumph, fingers clicking in a smooth motion. A line of men charge towards V in obligation, and all he could do was dodge their clumsy attacks.

You inhale sharply, turning to the crowd. This is my only shot.

''Kai...I need you...'' you mutter, glossy eyes feigning desperation.

You notice his head perk up, as if he heard you even from a distance. His blazing eyes turn to you, softening when he sees your weak and pleading facade.

''Bro, don't go-'' Uri warns, but he takes no heed and proceeds to near you anyway.

He's annoyingly close, concern etched into his features as he peers down at your face. ''You want me to protect you?''

You nod, allowing him to capture you into his embrace. You fake a sniff, secretly smirking into his chest. ''Now'' you mutter.

Instantaneously, V strikes like lightning, landing a concise blow across his leg. Blood squirts out like a fountain, rendering him immobile as he falls to the ground.

Kai's eyes are blazing in demoniac fury as he falls to the floor, limbs twisting and turning like mechanical snakes. You watch slightly, face scrunched in grotesque when suddenly, a smoky, dark shadow pours out his wounds, eyes and mouth.

And all that is left is a corpse, breathing but unconscious.

''One down, four to go'' V grins, swinging the sword on his fingertips.

The bodies of your mother and father back away, realising the danger they were exposed to. The King shakes his head, a scowl of annoyance marring his pale features, and Uri burns with suppressed rage, not holding back to avenge her fallen brother.

And because of this impulsive move, thankfully, she too was struck with a single blow on her shoulder. V whips the sword through the air, the remnants of blood splattering onto the ground.

''Be careful with my parents!'' you call to him, and he raises a thumbs up into the air before chasing after them. You avert your attention back onto the king, who seems to be smiling....?

But this smile, it wasn't an ordinary smile. His lips were stretched into a grin that was larger than his face, white teeth matching his skin, while his eyes were wide, nose flared.

You grimace. ''Geez, the fuck. You on crack?''

A few screams crack through the air, and you notice V had taken down your mother and father. Blood oozes out their wounds, which weren't fatal enough to kill them. Once again, you see that same dark shadow escape out of their bodies, flowing into the air and dissipating into nothingness.

You turn to King. ''I don't know why you smiling cuz your minions just got defeated''

The bitch don't respond for some reason.

All this time, why did he not get any of the compelled citizens to attack him?

The seven wonders, the experimented teens, why did he have them hidden away in the crowd?