49

''Mission 51?'' he laughs, ''It's already begun''

Each face was grim against the frigid wind, robotized as the sea of humans moved as one. It was as if there were just one brain instead of many, the art of compliance at it's finest.

Your gaze trail along the seven wonders, their bodies tense and faces devoid of emotion. Taehyung's vacant gaze stares at you blankly, eyes holding emotions of rage but actions unable to express them.

You look at Mark and Lisa and Mina, who mirror their impassive expressions.

And you, being the only normal un-experimented human in the room, stand alone against the overpowered army of beings across you.

''I think you should consider joining us now'' you hear the distant voice of your mother call out. Your mother, father, Kai, Uri and King are the only ones in control of their will. Meaning they were all part of this demonic family you had theorized about.

''Come to us. It's your only choice'' Kai holds a hand out, expecting you to happily take it.

''Bitch you thought''

You take a step back, shaking your head in utter disbelief. It was pretty overwhelming, standing alone in the face of such a vast army. Their right legs move in unison, each step on the cold tarmac like the thunder warning of a coming storm.

Shit, they were coming towards you.

''I'M A BAD BITCH YOU CAN'T KILL ME-'' you shout, flashing a few middle fingers in the air before legging it out of there.

-

Without looking back, you sprinted the hell out of there, mind working just as fast as your legs. Your heart throbbed in your chest, midnight hair swaying behind you as you sped across the tarmac floor. You didn't know where you were nor where you were heading.

When you think you've gotten far enough, you stop to catch your breath and recollect your thoughts.

If they wanted me to join, couldn't the king have compelled me? Or was he unable to because I wasn't experimented on?

What are they gonna do with so much people under their control? Are they gonna raid the rest of the city? 

And what the hell do I do to stop it?

''Maybe I should go round and tell everyone to hide or something...''

shit, I'm so useless

The cold freezes your bones and bites onto your skin, poking at your lungs like daggers as you try to regain your breath. You slower your pace and walk instead to restore your energy.

Surprisingly, your phone vibrates in your pocket. Everyone you knew was compelled by the king, who would message you at a time like this?

-

Unknown wants to message you

[accept]      [decline]

-

You stare at your screen, not able to comprehend whatever you were seeing.

First of all, how was Taehyung even messaging you? He's trapped in the army along with the rest.

And second, you already had his name saved as 'Unknown' in your phone. If he sent a message, it would've sent automatically.

....this was someone else.

-

Unknown wants to message you

[accept]     [decline]