17.

Sasuke knew what Itachi meant by feeling empty. He felt a gaping hole lie where he had Mia at. He just wanted to know who she worked for? Did she fake everything? Did she even love him? Was their whole relationship just a mission to her? He didn't know and he didn't have any answers, any closures and it hurts.

They had been together for two years, the now seventeen year old teen had to get ready for the Chunin exams, that had been postponed for a month, he wasn't emotionally ready. He didn't want to even participate.

All he wanted to do was lie in bed all day, and think about death as he felt himself want to be swallowed whole. He was depressed, and his entire clan knew, his brothers and parents knew and nobody knew how to help him. Hell he couldn't even help himself.

The door opened and he looked up from his hands to see Shikamaru and Naruto. Naruto immediately running in the arms of Sasuke, crying and Sasuke sighed.

"Why are you crying Naruto?" Sasuke asked as he tightened his hold on his sensitive friend

"Because you won't, she played us all but you the most, I won't sit here and say I know what you are going through because I'll kill Shikamaru before I ever suffer like this. I'm saying I'll cry for you so you can have the strength to confront her." Sasuke cracked a small smile, and Shikamaru exhaled.

"Under normal circumstances, I'd slice your arms off holding Naruto like that." Shikamaru said and Sasuke stood up and pulled away.

"He needs a little extra love from us Shika." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded.

"We need to head out. How's your intuition?" Naruto shrugged.

"It's been wonky, knowing that my own family wants me dead, but it's fine. First mission is to take care of the sulking Teme." Naruto said and Sasuke exhaled.

"Our parents are going to get worried." The nodded and appeared at the academy. They ignored everybody, Sasuke only led his team, to the front simple because he couldn't dare look anywhere but straight.

There had been times him and Mia snuck back in the academy, and hung out. This wasn't the place he wanted to be, especially since he's been betrayed by the person he thought he could love most in this world. The one who would've had his children, cook his meals, and just be there for him.

He stood against the wall, zoning out, loosing himself to those painful memories, wishing that the girl wasn't the daughter of Danzo, that she didn't abide by her father, that she was a little defiant.

Sasuke slammed his hand against the wall, making Naruto and Shikamaru look at him, a single tear falling from his eyes as he fell to his knee's. They quickly run to him, Naruto covering the trio in a wall made of wood to hide the from the noisy Genin.

Nobody but them needed to know what was going on.

"I can't, It hurts so bad." Sasuke said softly and Shikamaru exhaled, he wasn't good at consoling unless it was Naruto.

"Let it all out, do you have to let off some steam after the test?" Naruto asked and Sasuke nodded.

"Okay, fix your face and we will spar the next opportunity we get." Sasuke latched himself to Naruto and then chuckled.

"I can see why you attract the same sex." Shikamaru pouted.

"You better not be making a move like your brother." Shikamaru said and Sasuke chuckled and leaned back.

"Your clans are intertwined in the faith of Kami herself. Nobody could take Naruto from you even if they tried." Naruto chuckled and Shikamaru grumbled.

"Get out of this wall, the test is starting." Naruto let the wall fall away and looked at the man, he was way shorter that the 6'8 man, but that didn't scare him one bit.

"We were checking on our teammate, squads run in teams of three for a reason right?" Naruto said and the man just looked at the children. You had the Nara looking lazily, a twin Katanas strapped to his back, standing protective behind both the Uchiha and the Uzukaze.

The Uchiha had a single Katana strapped to his back and looked as if his world could crash any second, and the the Uzukaze held that familiar red diamond on his forehead, and looked as if he wanted anyone to say anything he didn't like.

What a dangerous team.

"Get in line the test is going to start." Was all the man said to the children, and he walked towards the front of the room.

They were separated from one another. He ended up sitting next to someone of the Hyuga clan, and so did Sasuke. Naruto turned his attention to Shikamaru who was sitting next to a sand ninja. When the man introduced himself as Ibiki Morino, Naruto nodded in understanding.

His mom was always pranking this man. He must've put 2 and 2 together. The test came to an end and the Genin numbers fell to half of it, the. A lady came in declaring to be the sexiest and most attractive woman in Konoha, She stood and said the next test would take place at training ground 44 in a day.

That gave the teens plenty of time to spar and help Sasuke out. They walked to their training ground, knowing their parents were heading their way. Naruto and Sasuke stood across from one another and Naruto exhaled.

"Okay, how far Sasuke?" Naruto asked knowing that sage was hard, and he mastered fox sage which was the most elite sage. Medical Ninjutsu was what Naruto was thinking and it seemed Sasuke was too.

"Medical only, I won't bring out my sword." Naruto nodded and Shikamaru stood in between them calling for the match and immediately they took off and begun sparing.

Sasuke felt so much better just throwing his hands knowing he wasn't hurting anybody, he knew that Naruto would move before he let one of his hits hit him.

Their sensei's came feeling the power radiating from the field, Kurama's stomach a lot more noticeable. Kossori watching as he saw Sasuke power seemed to be shaking. Naruto felt it, and at the last minute jumped by Shikamaru, watching as Sasuke fell to the ground clutching his eyes and screamed a blood curdling scream.

"His eyes." Naruto whispered and Shikamaru wrapped an arm around Naruto shoulder. Watching Sasuke. The parents came and Mikoto was going to run to him but Fugaku stopped her with a firm don't.

Sasuke already activated his Mangekyou Sharigan, but a month ago when he was near death, he was healed with Senju chakra, combined with his Uchiha chakra. His eyes were changing, and it's an excruciating pain for any Uchiha when their eyes physically change.

"My baby." Mikoto spoke softly and when Sasuke was done screaming Naruto immediately walked over to look at his eyes, blood falling from his eyes as he looked at Naruto. He saw everything, clearer.

"Congratulations Sasuke, You have the Rinnegan." Naruto spoke softly and Sasuke gave a chuckle before falling asleep. Naruto catching him.

Everybody ran over and looked at Sasuke sleeping in the lap of Naruto, Shikamaru leaning down to whisper in Naruto's ear.

"You know I'm a very possessive person. When we get home, you aren't leaving my arms." Naruto smiled and nodded.

"How is he?" Mikoto asked worried and Kossori nodding as well.

"Sasuke just became a lot more wanted." Naruto said cleaning the blood from his face.

All knew what that meant and only looked at the three teens, Naruto knowing Woodstyle, Sasuke unlocking the Rinnegan, along with Shikmarau wanting to master Deer sage now to protect his team.

They were ambitious, and this was what attracted the council, attracted those who wanted them, and the parents knew at this point in time, the battle belonged to the teens,

They couldn't intervene. Their lives depended on them.

This was the teens vs the council.

Who would win?

~