Chapter 19

Don't forget to vote❤Thank you

Jasmine's POV

"Mom."

"One more spoon baby."

"Moom! I'm full. I can't."

"One last spoon."

"Really? You've said that 5 times already."

"Just this one."

I begrudgingly opened my mouth and she fed me. Ever since I returned home from the hospital, Mom has been fussing over me. She would feed me to the point I feel like puking. Even Dad won't come to my rescue this time. He says this is 'important for my health'. Okay then.

Violet came to visit me this morning along with Jasper. As soon as she saw me, she burst out crying.

"Why the heck are you crying?" I asked incredulously.

"Y-you...s-s-something h-happened to y-you. Y-you were i-in the h-hospital."She said and continued crying.

I face palmed myself and looked at Jasper for help. The idiot was stifling his laughter.

"Vi! I'm not dead! Don't you think you're overreacting?" I asked.

She widened her eyes and sniffled. Wiping her tear stricken face, she glared at me.

"Shut up! You don't take care of yourself! It's all your fault!" She shouted.

Aah. The bitch's back.

After her little drama, Jasper came and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Don't do this to me again. Don't scare me." He mumbled into my hair.

"Can't. Breathe." I choked. He immediately let go of me and looked concerned. I laughed at his expression.

We spent the day together in my room since I was not allowed to get out of bed.

I wish I would've taken more care of me at such times. I hate being cramped up on my bed.

They left by evening. Since then I've been sulking on my bed and going through my phone. Nothing interesting. Mom fed me dinner like I was a kid. I don't blame her though. She saw her daughter collapse and go through a panic attack. If I were in her place, probably I would've acted in the same way.

She left the room after saying goodnight and kissing my forehead. She was about to switch off the lights when I stopped her.

"Don't! D-don't switch off the lights." I panicked.

Mom looked at me with teary eyes and I felt bad. She knew I was afraid. Afraid Hunter would come into my room in the dark.

She nodded and closed the door. I heard a sob outside my door and it broke my heart.

I couldn't be strong. I couldn't be strong for my parents. I couldn't be the daughter they deserve. I gave them so much pain. I silently cried in the vicinity of my room.

As the clock struck 12 midnight, I found myself wide awake. The medicines they gave me should've knocked me out but the fear of nightmares was keeping me up.

My thoughts wandered and reached a certain green eyed man, who I haven't seen since the day I collapsed. Didn't he come to visit me in the hospital?

I felt my heart breaking further at this realisation. He thinks I'm a coward. He was there when Andrew and Robert announced the news so he most probably knows by now what is the backstory. And he doesn't want to do anything with a weak and cowardly girl like me.