Chapter 45

Hey guys! My finals are over and I'm finally back with a new chapter. I usually don't leave author's notes at the beginning but this one's important.

First, a big thank you to all my readers for reading my book, voting for it and leaving comments. It feels awesome whenever someone tells me that they loved my book. Thank you so much peeps! I would also like to request everyone reading this to kindly recommend my book to people you know and your friends so we can reach more reads and votes.

Second, I know it has been a long gap so if anyone has forgotten the development of the story I'm giving a brief rundown of the past events here: After Jasmine and Chris start their relationship, Hunter comes back and takes her with him. But she gets saved by Chris and his friends and Hunter's ex Bailey. But Jasmine gets shot by Hunter and was rushed to the hospital. Jasmine's parents find out about their relationship and her father asked Chris to leave her. He agrees and leaves. Jasmine tried calling him but he had already left. Fast forward to 4 years and Jasmine now owns a publishing company and is doing well. That's when Chris returns.

So ready to know what's going to happen next? Then start reading!

And also don't forget to vote🤭

Jasmine's POV

I'm weak.

Two things define this particular fact.

One, I couldn't say all the hurtful words I had locked inside my heart when I saw Chris again. I wanted to, but the part of me that wasn't angry but glad to see him fine, couldn't lash out at him. I felt like the worrisome part of my heart was finally at rest.

Two, Chris texted me this morning.

CHRIS: Can we meet for dinner tonight?

And like a fool, I said yes.

There's no denying the fact that I'm still very much in love with him. And that makes me weak when it comes to him. And also I'm curious to know about his whereabouts these past 4 years. There are so many questions I need answers to. And there's only one way of doing that.

Meet him.

It has been 2 weeks since I last saw him and I was currently in my office. I wasn't concentrating much on the files I had to work on since my mind was filled with thoughts of what was going to happen once I meet him again. Would he give me satisfactory answers? Would I be able to forgive him? And most importantly, would we be able to go back to what we were?

Probably no. He hurt me. And that too after he said he would never. And things like that just can't be forgotten so easily. I need time to come in terms with the fact that Chris was finally back home.

Back where he is supposed to be.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on my door. I frowned. Who could it be?

I had asked my employees not to disturb me today and Alex hadn't come to work.

I said a 'come in' and the door opened to reveal Jasper. A smile automatically found my face.

"Jasper! I missed you." I lunged at him and he caught me in his arms. His chest vibrated with chuckles and he hugged me back.

"I missed you too Jas. Two months were disastrous without you." He said.

I backed out of his arms and swatted his arm. "Oh please. Who could ever complain about 2 months in Paris? Apparently you."

He smiled smugly. "Of course. Paris was nothing without you. I wish you could've come with me."