Chapter 47

Jasmine's POV

Chris asked me for another chance. Another chance to win back my heart. Another chance to make this work out. Another chance for us.

And like the fool I am, I gave him the chance.

I understand now. I understand his concern and his worry. I understand why he did what he did. But I'm still upset at the way he chose to carry out his actions. He needs to understand that communication is an important element for any relationship, and that decisions cannot be made based on one partner's take on the matter.

So I gave him a chance, but that doesn't mean I've to make it easy for him.

I entered my office in a happy mood and was instantly hit with an array of colours and a beautiful fragrance. Almost the whole of my office was covered in bouquets of roses of different colours! I stood at the entrance with mouth agape and wide eyes. I ran my eyes slowly over the roses and they landed on a piece of card on one of the bouquets. Cautiously I walked towards it. I was afraid to open it because a part of me was terrified it was from Hunter.

Shut up silly! He's in mental institution.

I silenced my worrisome thoughts and opened the card. Inside in a beautiful handwriting was written,

       My beautiful Jasmine,

Good morning! Have a happy week and keep smiling. I hope these roses remind you that you've brought colours and beauty in my life. I love you.

Yours truly,
Chris

P.S. Day 1 of winning you back

A goofy smile made its way upto my face. And like the creep I am, I brought the card close to my nose and inhaled deeply. A faint smell of his cologne lingered and tingled my nostrils. I sighed dreamily.

I walked up to my desk and settled myself on it. I looked around the office and smiled creepily. I wasn't going to remove the flowers until they wither and fall off on their own. As I was still in dream land, I didn't hear the door to my office open until I heard a scream.

"Aaahhh!!" I jumped up in my seat and looked at the source of the horrifying scream. Bailey was standing at the foot of my door with Alex and both were looking wide eyed at the roses. I smiled.

"Oh my God! What is this? Tell me this is from Chris." Bailey looked at me alarmingly and I nodded happily. She squealed and rushed towards me to hug me.

"I'm so so happy! I knew it! I knew this day would come." I moved back from her hug and looked at her quizzically.

"You knew?" For a moment seeds of doubt started planting in my mind.

Did she know Chris's whereabouts until now? If so, why hadn't she told me? Did she betray me again?

"I know that look Jasmine. Stop overthinking. What I meant was that I had faith in you guys. I knew he would return one day. That guy's crazy about you. It was just a matter of time."

I looked down sheepishly, embarrassed for doubting her and getting caught. Then something struck me.

"If you were so sure, why the hell did you keep pestering me to date again?" I looked at her accusingly.

She smiled slyly. "I know how possessive Chris is, in a good sense that is. And he gets easily jealous. So I thought maybe pushing you towards another man would make him come back sooner. I knew that guy would keep tabs on you, he's so in love with you." She sighed dreamily.