Chapter 28

Chris's POV

I was in my office when my cell phone rang.

I picked it up and Andrew's name flashed on the screen.

"Hey man! What's up?" I greeted him.

"Chris! You need to come here." Andrew shouted on the phone. He sounded panicked and I grew alarmed.

"Woah woah! Calm down. What's wrong." I asked.

"It's Jasmine."

Two words and I was flying out of my cabin.

I rushed to my car and drove out of the office, all the while talking to Andrew on phone.

"I told her. I told her about Hunter and my relationship. She's devastated. She feels I betrayed her. I tried to talk to her, tell her that I didn't know she was the girl Hunter bullied until I talked to her. But she was so hurt she didn't listen to me. I'm so scared Chris. It's all my fault." Andrew's voice broke as a whisper.

"Get a grip mate. Tell me where is she." I asked, gripping the steering wheel tightly to control my emotions.

"I-I don't know. She rushed out of the clinic. I followed her, yelled at her but she didn't stop. I couldn't catch up with her. I'm so sorry." He sounded like he was about to cry.

"Dammit!" I muttered and hit the steering wheel.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. I'll find her. Do let me know if you find her first."

"Sure."

I hung up and raced towards the side of the city where Andrew's clinic is located.

I circled around the neighbourhood, trying to locate a raven haired girl. I thought about what she wore this morning and roamed my eyes around as I slowly manoeuvred the car through the streets. But there was no sign of her.

Giving up on driving, I parked the car on the sidewalk and got out.

I walked around the neighbourhood, asking people and showing her picture. But nobody saw her anywhere.

Goddamit it Jasmine! Where the hell are you?

Suddenly a thought dawned upon me and I felt utterly stupid. I smacked myself on the head and pulled out my phone.

I dialled her number and it rang. But she didn't pick up. I dialled again and again.

Come on love, please pick up the phone.

On the fifth call, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Jasmine's meek voice accompanied by a small sniff tugged at my heartstrings.

"Jasmine? Baby where are you?" I asked softly.

"The diner you brought me yesterday." She said.

"Okay. Stay there. I'll be there in 5 minutes." I said as I ran towards my car.

"But Chris-" I hung up without letting her finish. Knowing her, she would give some bullshit explanation and won't let me come.

I reached the diner and rushed inside. I looked around and found her sitting inside a booth in a corner.

I walked towards her and took a good look at her. Her hair was out of the ponytail she tied today and splayed across her face. Her clothes were rumpled as if she held onto them too tight. But her face was what broke me apart.

Her face was streaked with tears and mascara was running down her face. Her nose and cheeks were red from crying. I approached her slowly and she lifted her head. Even her eyes were red.