08

It's been a week since I learnt the truth. A week since I last spoke to Henry, not for lack of trying on his part as the last fifty missed calls on my phone would testify. A week since I've allowed myself interact with anyone except my children about something that isn't work related. I've received calls non stop from Jesse, my mom, and even Lorraine, who I have strong mixed feelings about, but I haven't been able to bring myself to accept any.

This past week, I have felt myself go through several different emotions but recurring is the disappointment. Disappointment that Henry, the man I love and trusted with my life will believe such a thing coming from a woman who had all too openly made it her mission to ruin our relationship. As far as I know, I had never given him a reason to doubt me or my love for him so, why?

Honestly, I don't even want to know the answer to that.

I also felt conflicted on how I feel about him. I want to hate him for what he did. His decision didn't only cost him our marriage but it also cost him his relationship with his children. But I don't hate him. No matter what, every fiber in my body would never allow me hate him.

But do I still love him? That's a question I don't know the answer to.

It being Saturday, my plan was to spend the day indoor with just the kids, doing movie marathons and just chilling after their hectic week of school. I'm sure they've noticed the change in my mood recently and I don't want them to be bothered so for that reason, I'm determined to pull myself out of my feelings.

With that thought in mind, I finally get up from the bed and go into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

After taking care of my hygiene, I descend from the staircase but pause when I hear the sound of laughter and a familiar deep masculine voice. This has me flying down the stairs in excitement.

As soon as I spot him, I pull him into a tight hug and suddenly the stress and worries of the past week dissipates. Suddenly, I feel light in his arms.

I can feel his smile as he lays a small kiss on my cheek before leaning his forehead against mine, his grip on my head loose.

I look into the grey eyes of my brother, Andrew, very much like my own. Our eyes are the only thing we have in common as he looks so much like my father while I take after my mother in most aspects.

A face splitting smile is on his face as he looks at me carefully.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home?" I ask him with a slight frown on my face.

"Well, I would have if you had actually picked up my calls." He answers as we finally pull away from each other and he moves away.

I'm reminded that I had switched off my phone earlier this week when I finally got tired of hearing it ringing. I rub my forehead.

I look up to find the twins on the stools of the kitchen island indulging in some donuts that practically had diabetes written on it.

"What are those?" I turn to Andrew and ask, my nose scrunched up.

"Donuts." He replies with a 'duh' look that makes me roll my eyes.

"Of course I know what they are. What I mean is, what are they doing in my house? You know Jamie and Jason aren't supposed to eating this, especially this early in the morning." I scold as I pull the box of donuts away from them.

They immediately begin protesting but at the look I give them they keep quiet.

"Good lord, Sandy, it's just donuts. And besides, they are kids. Whether you like it or not, they need the sugar." He gives me a 'think about it look'.