10

The drive down the pavement to Henry's house leaves me gaping. No, this isn't a house. It's a fucking mansion. The building is painted cream with a red roof top. There is a waterfall in the middle of the pavement and palm trees littered around.

 There is a waterfall in the middle of the pavement and palm trees littered around

"Wow." I say in utter admiration at the estate. I have seen a ton of luxurious mansions in my life but I will have to admit, this is at the top of my list right now.

Soon, the car pulls into the slanted curb opposite the wooden double entrance doors. Henry alights the limo first before stretching his hand in which I gracefully accept before getting out of the car.

We walk into the house and I can't help but pause for a moment in the foyer and take it all. "This place is really beautiful, Henry." I tell him genuinely with a smile.

"I'm glad you like it. Come, we have so much to do." He says with a relaxed smile as he takes a firm hold of my hand.

"Like what?" I ask him, walking up the wide staircase.

"Well, first, I'm sure you'd like to take a shower after our long flight. Then, you have a spa appointment, then a hair and make up appointment, and then, we will have dinner. Jasmine will accompany you throughout everything and once you return, a dress will be waiting for you in our room."

"Who is Jasmine?" I ask him with a confused frown as we walk into a massive room with a king size bed in the middle of the mostly empty space. In front of the bed is a balcony which is closed with glass doors.

"Sort of your assistant for the duration of our stay here. If you need anything in my absence, you just tell her, okay?" Henry says in a slightly stern voice.

I nod my head with a small roll of my eyes at his authoritative tone.

"Good. Now let me take my leave before I throw you on that bed and have my wicked way with you." He tells me with a smirk.

"I wouldn't mind." I confess as I unconsciously bite my lower lip, my body getting hot at just the thought of him doing whatever he had in mind. At the small action, Henry's eyes darken and he looks like he's having quite a struggle trying to control himself.

"Tonight, mi amor." He assures me as he pulls me close by the waist to place a firm chaste kiss on my lips before reluctantly leaving the room.

Once I hear the click of the door, I collapse on the bed with a wistful sigh.

Is this real? I mentally ask myself. I feel like any minute now, I will be awakened by Jason or Jamie on my bed back home in Atlanta to my annoyance, because if this is really a dream, I never want to wake up.

Before the involvement of Lorraine in Henry and I's divorce this was all I ever wanted. To be with him in a remote place and make love non stop. But then a week ago that thought wasn't in my mind anymore. Rather, I resented him for ever believing her lies. Now, those former wants that I had dreamt about are a reality and I'm not sure how I am supposed to feel.