Make Them Stop!

Aeron

The classical music blared in my ears as I drove throughout the city. Many stores and buildings were asleep but many were still awake, and their lights reflected off my black helmet. I zigzagged through cars and allowed the personal thoughts of mine to run through my mind.

Diana.

She's cute, especially in the uniform she was wearing with that visor. I can see what He sees in her even though I didn't talk to her very long.

Thoughts of dating the pretty girl came to mind and I tried to push them back as far as I could. The effort proved to be just as effective as the unremovable voices in my head.

I got home and placed the pay I got tonight from one of my jobs on the counter and turned on my classical music for in the house. I got out my new phone and punched in the amount from tonight. I also added a few tally marks to the list of those who've suffered at my hand.

I haven't killed anyone. I've never killed anyone for my own pleasure. It is those disgusting swines who have too much money and pride to do the job for themselves who kill. Not me. Not me ... .

I then washed my hands and went to bed with dreams filled with Diana instead of demons.

I awoke at a library. This was the first time that He and I have ever swapped like this. Have I been losing my control over Him? Has He been becoming stronger?

I watched as a curvy woman with long curly brown locks was making her way out of the library. It was Diana for sure. I wanted to stand up and call out to her but then the voices came.

<<I don't know why you put up with him>>
<<you liiiiiike her>>
<<you should just kill your self>>
<<where is he? Where did he go!? Someone just tell me!—>>
<<shut up!>>

I slammed my hands to my ears.

<<Kill her! Kill her!>>
<<Take her! Make love with her!>>
<<You're doing it wrong!>>
<<You idiot!!>>
<<Rock a by baby in the blood,>>
<<That doesn't even make sense!>>
<<I want Diana>>

I screamed in pain and I received looks from those still in the library. I fell out of my chair and the librarian was running over to me.

"Make them stop! Make them stop!" I cried out.

"Somebody call an ambulance." I heard someone say.

"What's wrong with him?" Someone else asked. I rocked myself back and forth and tore at my hair. I threw my glasses across the room and wouldn't stop crying. I needed to wash my hands! My hands. My hands. They need to be clean again!

"Make them stop!" I wouldn't stop yelling.