She Finds Out

Diana

Hunter came and picked Lily up for a date and she left her car at Aeron's house. I texted Aeron as I did some homework but he didn't text back. He never did. When he was out like this, he was always secretive and standoffish. I didn't like it. And I hated how used to it I was after two months of dating him.

I debated over telling him about my intuition of being pregnant but decided not to.

The door to the garage soon opened and a gust of cold air rushed in. The garage door was still open and a duffle bag was still on the back of his bike. A duffle bag that I became curious about. I saw all of this as my boyfriend stumbled inside.

He was breathing heavily and slipped right past me.

"Babe?" I asked. He ignored me as he rushed to the kitchen. He opened the medicine cabinet and began destroying its organization as he searched for pain killers. He let go of his side which I noted he was holding and found blood on it. "Aeron!" I rushed to him after shutting the large garage door and closing the door into the house. He held up a hand to stop me but I smacked it away. "What happened!?" I gasped. He turned and gave me a death glare.

"I'm fine," He spat. "I don't need your help, go away."

I was hurt. "Aeron what's wrong?"

"I said I was fine!" He searched the medicine cabinet and grabbed gauze wrap. His hand wasn't on his wound and I realized it was a knife wound.

"Let me help you!" I said.

"I said go away!"

"No! You're hurt and I'm worried and I'm scared and you haven't texted me all day and I love you so much I care about you! Just let me help you damn it!" He looked at me for a second then looked away. He moved his hand from his side giving me permission to investigate. I undid his giant coat and found where the stain of blood was seeping through. His chest looked bigger than usual and I hesitated to lift it.

I lifted his turtle neck and found a bullet proof vest.

"Wha ... " I indirectly asked. He breathed heavily and looked away. Knives were lined up and tucked into the vest and I ran my fingers over them. I snapped myself back into my real intentions and undid the black vest. He wore a regular V-neck shirt under and I lifted it up. "I'm taking you to the hospital." I didn't listen to his protests as I slipped in to my snow boots at the front door, pulled my jacket and gloves on, and grabbed Lily's car keys. I looked back at Aeron who had taken off the vest and put back on his snow coat. "Well? Come on!" I said to him as if he was a child.

He sheepishly followed me outside and slipped into the passenger seat of the small, red Mitsubishi. I drove him to the hospital without the exchange of any words.

While in the clinic, the doctor asked what happened. "We were heading back to the car after a date night and someone stole my purse, my boyfriend, here, ran after him and the guy happened to have a knife on him."

Aeron looked up and was surprised by my answer. I looked away and back at the stitches the doctor was giving him.

"But his jacket doesn't have a slash in it." The nurse pointed out.

Crap. Was the look on both Aeron's and my face.

"I was holding my jacket as we exited the restaurant." The nurse nodded at Aeron's response. He smiled at me but I glared in return.

We soon left and again my boyfriend and I didn't exchange any words on the way back to his house. But he tried.

"I'm sorry,"