Kissing Him Again and Again

Aeron

We laughed at our table and clapped with the others for the band.

"You learn fast, Aeron," Diana said.

"You think so?" She nodded. "I should take you out dancing more often. So that I can just sit and watch you shake those hips of yours." She blushed and flipped her hair sassily.

"Blame it on the Hawaiian jeans."

I smiled at her. We sat for a moment just looking at each other. Her glasses were slipping down her nose and I wanted to push them up. Music came on and I got out of my seat. Diana was surprised as I walked over to her and held my hand out.

"Can I have this dance?" I asked. She took my hand. When she was fully standing, I started to drag her over to the dance floor.

"Oh, but I can't slow dance. I don't know any dances to this kind of music."

"Well then," I positioned us on the wooden patio and pushed up her hipster glasses. "Good thing I do," I softly smiled at her as I guided her left hand onto my shoulder and the other I grasped lightly. I caught her taking in a breath as I pulled her close by the small of her back. I taught her how to make a box with both of our feet and now it was her who was looking at her feet.

"Eyes up here," I said as I slightly pulled her chin up. Her lips parted until she pursed them close.

"Aeron," she said softly, astonished. "You're not wearing headphones." I shrugged.

"I found out that I didn't need them around you." She blushed, hard. And I did too. I straightened my face and pulled Diana close, breaking our box and hand holding. I wrapped my hands around her hourglass waist and laid my head in the crook of her neck and shoulder, relishing the smell of a mixture of sweat and blossomy perfume. She caught along and wrapped her arms around my neck. We danced slowly as my thumb stroked the fabric of her plum dress and my eyes lazily closed.

This isn't so bad. I thought to myself. Having someone to care about. Maybe someone to come home to after a bad day. Someone to cuddle with, to read with, to cook with, to sleep with. Oh Diana ... Could this ever really turn into anything that would make me more human?

I could dance like this forever. If it meant she was the one I was dancing with.

I pulled apart and we both leisurely looked into one another's glossy eyes. As if it were meant to be, our eyes wandered to each other's plump lips, ready to meet one another.

We didn't let our lips' desire suffer long as I leaned down and kissed Diana. Slow. But long.

Diana

Aeron took us out for a walk in the town. We left his bike at the restaurant and just walked down the sidewalks until we were close to the river in the park.

His leather jacket was wrapped around me as well as his arm around my shoulders.

"Tell me," I said, exchanging the first words since leaving the restaurant. Aeron looked down showing himself paying attention. I didn't look at him as I said my demand. "Tell me about the voices." It was a bold wish and I wasn't shaky when I asked it.

"There are two distinct voices." He answered as if to have no care. I looked up at him and he just stared into my eyes. "A man's ... and a woman's. They began showing up towards the end of middle school. At first I thought I was going crazy, but after my sister saw me lash out at an invisible being beside me, she took me to a psychiatrist. I received medication but the voices have convinced me that they don't work."