i.

" the stars align, the world breathes a sigh in relief "

___

      The Royalty Pack held an intense power that you could feel emitted just from crossing over into the lands, being human and still feeling the gratitude of this power was a statement itself.

I had been only here once before, in my years of friendship with one of the beloved members, who wasn't always a member of this pack, it was unlikely yet still plausible I would have set foot at least once here.

A human being best friends with a werewolf was quite unheard of, yet both Sarah and I made it work with weekly get togethers as we met in the middle - the distinctive imaginary line between the human-world and the supernatural committee.

It was an unsaid spoken language between the two very different communities. We both left each other alone to do our own business' and tended to our own seperate worlds. Respect was there for each other and the promise to not interfere, it had been like this since the beginning and would more than likely stay like this until the end.

Whilst a human conversing with werewolves was not unheard of it however was still very minimal and not often. It was simply because the two worlds were too far apart - where the human race focused on freedom and rights to oneself to do what you please, the supernatural was the complete opposite, it focused on order. Ranks, packs, territories, rules and regulations to follow - it was no wonder the human world filled with a selfish contempt to such a thing avoided it at all cost.

To me however, I found myself fascinated by their world.

The trees rolled pass the cars window, the vibrant greenery of the forest a beautiful shade where the sun shined making the trunks seem almost golden. The sun still didn't change the frigid temperature as winter neared, I pull my coat closer to my body at the thought.

"Would you like me to turn up the heat, ma'am?" The warrior, who I had learned to be named Jackson, asks. His eyes glancing to me in the review mirror.

"Just a little, please and thank you Jackson." I smile kindly, he nods with smile of his own in the mirror.

Jackson had met me as I touched base once I had landed, you see, the only way to enter the Royalty Pack was through flying. With that, the immense security put the airports back in my world to shame. The amount of checks and security measures was crazy. That was before I even walked into the plane. Then there was the security when I landed, and the security as we passed the gates into the Pack and if I recalled from my last visit there would be another checkpoint just before we arrived into the town.

That was the reason why Sarah and I decided we were better off meeting closest to where I resided.

The security was not the last of it, sure other packs held these measures but because this was Royalty - the pack of all packs, the highest of the hierarchy. The place where the Alpha King resided, and the Royal Beta and Delta. There was a system you had to be approved of before you were accepted to step foot inside the land.

The system could take months.

Especially for a human like me, which was to say I was lucky my girl Sarah held some connections that could fasten the approval rate of me visiting. Especially when she was was in labour and was giving birth to her first child.

Speaking of which, by the update she had given me she had given birth to a healthy girl - another message had popped through telling me to hurry my petite ass up and I could barely hold back my excited grin when we went through the last checkpoint and the town came into view.