iv.

" like a moth to a flame, I am drawn to you "

___

         The painting room, did not fail to appease me. I find myself inside the room less than a week later, after a long few days of catching up with Liam and Iris I was ready for some much needed solitary. 

It had been a while since I had been so social, these last two weeks catching up to me. It had been great, don't get me wrong, I loved making new connections with people however it drained me in a sense where I had to be on my own to recharge my battery.

Which was why, Sarah, Andrew and her parents understood when I told them I was taking a day to myself. Julia too, she had understood when I said I wouldn't be able to help in the kitchen that morning.

For the life of me however, I couldn't keep away from Nolan. I still attended breakfast with Beta Jack who accompanied beside us today. The breakfast was quiet though, my energy a bit drained and after parting ways I found myself in this room.

Nolan's mother's painting room.

It was remarkable, the utensils put my own equally expensive ones to shame. I was almost too afraid to touch them, yet I focus on cleaning them to the best of my ability, and somehow find myself standing in front of a blank canvas with paint situated on the board in my hand and a paintbrush stroking the beginning of it.

When painting, time passes by me quickly and I never realise. I get lost in my thoughts but not at the same time, it's like the world fades away and it's just me, the paint brush and the canvas.

The stresses of everything disappear, my thoughts all fizzle out and breathing becomes easier much like what I feel when I'm with Nolan.

Did I just think that? I pull my brush away from the canvas almost shocked.

Alpha King Nolan.

Now that was a force to be reckoned with. I didn't know where to begin with him, there was one more day until the upcoming ball where preparations had been hectic. I had actually helped with setting the menu for the night, I wasn't entirely sure why the three main chefs I had the pleasure of meeting even gave me the honour of doing so. They were insistent on it as well.

Then there was the seamstress Penny had ushered me too the other day as well. She'd taken my measurements and told me of the all the things she couldn't wait to create for me, ignoring my pleas that it wasn't necessary.

She said it was an honour and one she would do with pride.

I couldn't say no after that and let her have at it, appreciating the fact she asked for my opinion in what I preferred such as my arms  slightly covered - she saw a little bit of the scar tissue and had understood.

Then there was the fact I was going with the Alpha King as his personal date. Whatever that meant I was unaware and why he had chosen me was just- ugh. It was too much to think about so I pack away all my thoughts and continue painting allowing my soul, body and mind to involve with it.

I finish one canvas and swiftly move onto the next, deciding that this one would be an outline of forest the one beforehand had been a dabble between the sun and flowers.

A hand brushes against my rugged arm, I flinch away automatically gasping in fright and pulling the paint brush to my chest and away from the canvas.

"Sorry. Sorry, my love. I didn't mean to frighten you," the voice comes out distraught and I calm in an instant recognising it.

"Nolan." I laugh out breezily, "you scared me, I didn't hear you."