xiii.

" amore, amore, amore "

__

           The meeting room was filled with a heavy and tense atmosphere, with all the powerful Alpha's and Luna's in one room it held a weight. Especially when the knowledge of the threat looming on the Kingdom and the land surrounding may be at risk.

Turns out no one was taking it lightly and I didn't blame them. My mind takes me back to the fun and lively chatter of last nights dinner, where everybody was all relaxed and laughter echoed in the dining room freely.

However, today was a whole new insight. Gone were the carefree expressions and replaced with those were the serious hard-driven and power fuelled werewolves. Everything that I assumed they would be when they had first arrived - to be honest, it was a little bit intimidating.

And now the meeting room echoed with a debate of the next course of action.

"-I say we hunt the lands, there has to be some residue of a scent leftover. No werewolf has the ability to completely mask a scent even if that scent is magic. I say we start a search, release a few Warriors to scope out and try track where this Fleur came from." Alpha Jerry had been the first to place out an idea of action but it was shut down by one of the other Alphas.

"I believe that's a waste of resources. King Nolan already determined that there was no trail why bother going through the effort again?"

"Or we could ask the girl to lead us to the way she came from."

"She could lead us to our deaths! Who even believes the ridiculous theory of the witch? And if so whose to say she is being forced-" which was a solid point in my book until Alpha Jared undermines his sensibility by spitting, "-we can't trust the girl or the witch. I say we burn them both at the stakes."

"This is exactly the kind of thing that led to the Witch Trials and Battle in the first place! Why would one witch stay and the rest leave? That doesn't even sound reasonable!" A Luna this time, Opal to be exact, "and you will not harm a member of our pack. Erin James in all sense is rightfully ours."

Alpha Jared snarls, I was beginning to find more and more reasons to dislike him and the clear backwashed attempts of authority. This snarl led to Cameron snarling in protection of Opal and it all rightfully goes downhill from there.

Amongst the yelling, beside me Nolan looked pretty calm as he stared ahead at the progressively worsening state of his band of authority figures. In fact, he hadn't really spoken a word after explaining the whole entire situation, letting them all hash it out. Which is technically why they were called in but honestly? This seemed hopeless.

When a practically horrible string of yelling starts, I begin to shift in my seat uncomfortably, shifting a little unconsciously closer to Nolan because I was only human- I never liked it when people started yelling and I wasn't by all means going to start enjoying it now.

I see Nolan glance towards me as I do letting me know I wasn't as subtle as I had hoped before a deep rolling snarl emits around of the room, bouncing off the walls and I can feel it rumbling through me. "Enough." He growls out.

It's pretty impressive as the whole room falls dead quiet. Nolan hadn't even raised his voice.

"While you all have every right to express any ideas and worries amongst yourselves, yelling and fighting will not be tolerated on our land." Another glance in my direction and I try tip my lips up in a half-assuring smile.

Not room. Not castle. But his land.

They all simultaneously dip their heads down, a rumble of 'Yes Alpha' chorused from them all.