xii.

" home isn't a place, it's a feeling "

__

I was trying to remember to breathe, as we stood on the top of the staircases near the entrance of the palace door. I currently wore a knee length dress, warm stockings underneath and wrapped in a long black peacoat that reached down to the back of my thighs.

I couldn't for the life of me remember if it was breathe in and out or out and in. This was ridiculous, why was I so nervous? I was never this nervous. It didn't help of the fact the werewolf who I had realised my feelings towards last night was standing right beside me, arm wrapped around my waist sending the usual sparks up my spine.

"Breathe, my love." He whispers in my ear, as if reading my thoughts.

"I don't think I can remember how." I reply back, head turning to look at him in the eye.

Gorgeous sparkling eyes.

After the intrusive thought made its way through my head last night, I had to pull away from him before I actually completed the action as well. The rest of the night we had stayed up talking about the packs and the names of everyone, he explained a little more about the history despite me knowing majority of it and everything under the moon.

He chuckles at my reply, giving me a kiss on the temple of my head right before the first car of many pulls up to the pathway. I suck in a sharp breath nerves fluttering inside me.

"Right next to you." He mutters in my ear, I couldn't help but beam at the words. "Bluemoon Pack." He then says.

Alpha Jerry and Luna Sally. I almost scream out my relief of hearing them arrive first. My shoulders sag a little at the news, my relief evident as I hear him chuckling to himself.

The kind smiles of Alpha Jerry and Luna Sally greet us as they walk up the stairs.

"Your majesty, King Nolan." Alpha Jerry is the first to greet, both their hands meeting for a firm shake.

They were the Alphas and he was the King, I remember him telling me last night. The titles were different and they called him King because it wasn't a mouthful and still stated his leadership over them.

Then he's moving to me as no introductions are needed and he's pulling me into a hug. "My dear, Cassandra." He jollily states, I hug him back giggling at his happiness. "You haven't visited in so long."

"Yes, dear. Where have you been?" Luna Sally is next to greet me with a long motherly hug.

"I've been here actually," I answer once pulling away from the hug, "I assume you know about Sarah's little baby girl?"

"Oh yes, remind me to pay them a visit later."

"She'll be coming with Andrew to dinner." Nolan speaks up from behind me, I don't miss the change of tone he uses on others. The authority and power is not missed, his voice a bit deeper as well.

However, that was news to me. "She is?"

"Yes, my love." His tone changes to soft again.

"We'll all catch up then." Luna Sally beams, bidding a quick see you later as her mate leads her to the castle doors where they would be the first in the room set up for their arrival.

I wanted to call it the lounge room, Nolan wanted to call it the sitting room.

"See that wasn't so bad?"

I roll my eyes, nudging him a little. "That doesn't count, I knew them beforehand."

"You seemed rather close with them." He notes.