xv.

" to make sense of love, first make sense of the universe "

____

With Nolan right across from me, I had the perfect view of him painted into the background behind him. My fingers were itching for a pencil, for anything to draw the scene before me. Scraggly hair strewn about, tired but rested eyes, a soft slow smile between two dimpled cheeks he sat there with the soft morning sun filtered on his face.

"My love?"

I snap out of my reverie, blinking slow before smiling at Nolan sheepishly. "Sorry, what was that?"

"I asked if you were enjoying the crepes?" He gently asks again.

I throw a glance down at my half eaten plate, unaware that I had even been eating them as my mind wandered at the view before me. Sitting on the balcony of Nolan's room was something I never knew I needed to experience, it was another view of the magnificent landscape beyond the castle and yet my eyes were drawn to the man in front of me who was effortlessly pulling off the morning rumpled mess.

I nod. "Of course. Julia always makes them amazing."

My eyes wander off, the birds were chirping loudly in the sunshine and there was something in the way the sun casted a morning glow on the greenery that created an enigmatic aurora.

"You're off with the fairies, my love." There's a hint of amusement in his tone. 

I scrunch up nose in reply, half smiling, "Sorry, I cannot get enough of the view."

He hums. "Me neither."

I wanted to point out that he wasn't facing the right direction in order to be as captivated at the view but my mind was already focused on something in the far distance.

"What's happening over there - by the large clearance?"

"Training." Nolan supplies without following the trail of my finger seemingly already knowing where I was pointing. "Every morning and afternoon they have a training session out by the courtyards. That is where Drew and Jack are at the moment."

I hum in acceptance of the answer, aware of Nolan staring at me as I stare into the distance watching what I have now gathered are his people moving about on the fields.

"What's the plan for today?" I gently ask, turning my attention to the man patiently waiting for me to actually focus.

All night we had sat up and discussed the last tiring week, everything seemed to spill from Nolans lips, tumbling and stumbling outwards uncharacteristically in a way that was possibly the most vulnerable I had ever seen him.

And yet, this morning, having both fallen asleep in the comforts of his bed, a habit that had formed when I first slept in his bed all those days ago, having discussed everything under the moon - we had yet to come to a plausible conclusion on what our next step would be instead Nolan's shoulders seemed to lighten from his own thoughts and that was what had mattered to me the most at the time.

All the rest could wait later - inevitably today.

"I- I think I have to send majority of the Alpha's and Luna's back to their territories and homes by tomorrow at the latest."

"Why's that?" My eyebrows scrunch.

"All of them gathered together too long can create a certain tension amongst them, nothing too drastic but there is an itch I suppose you could describe it - to dominate and to have the control in the matter. It serves as a protection barrier for those in their Pack."