Chapter 18

Ash gave me a bone crushing hug. "Last day of finals, Liv! You just finished your first year in college, how do you feel?"

I hug back as we walked back to the penthouse. "Amazing! I never thought I'd be able to go to college, but now, I only have a year and a half left!" I had taken six classes each semester this year, in an attempt to graduate early. That, combined with the classes I'd opted out of because of my AP scores, meant I would be graduating way sooner than I'd anticipated.

Damon was waiting for me outside the apartment with a wide smile. "Congrats, college girl!" He whispered in my ear as he pulled me in. He held the door open for me, Ash, and Emma. Emma was almost two now, waddling around wherever she went.

Damon wrapped an arm around me as another man entered the elevator. "I have a surprise for you when we go upstairs." He laced our hands together, bringing them up so he could kiss the back of my palm.

I blushed, unsure if this was an act or if there was really a gift. "You don't have to get me a gift."

"I wanted to," he gave me a heartbreaking smile, the one Gabe said he reserved especially for me.

As the man got off on his floor, Damon didn't notice because he was too busy playing with baby Emma. She had taken a liking to him and got excited anytime he came over with me.

I lifted her up, only to have my wristlet slip off. Damon picked it up for me as the elevator doors opened.

"LIVVVV! Guess where we're going!" Delaney greeted me excitedly.

Damon calmed her down. "Laney, let me tell her."

"The Bahamas!" She burst out, unable to stop herself.

I looked at Damon shocked. "What?"

"We're going to celebrate your first year in college! Laney, Gabe, and Matt are all coming." He grinned down at me. Then, he turned to Ash. "We have an extra spot for you and Emma if you want."

Ash declined shyly. "Oh I couldn't. I wouldn't want to be a burden."

Damon insisted. "I know how important you are to Liv, and I want everyone important in her life to be there. You wouldn't be a burden."

Did that mean he was important? Did he consider himself a big part of my life? Or was I overthinking this?

Ash looked over at me, unsure. I nodded my head aggressively. I would ask Damon about the price of everything and pay him back later. Right now, I just wanted to celebrate.

"Okay then! Sounds good to me," she accepted graciously.

"When is it," I asked curiously.

Damon smiled sheepishly. "Tomorrow."

"Damon! We haven't even packed!"

He grinned charmingly. "I packed a few of your things for you. And I bought you some more beach clothes." I groaned. He was too sweet.

"Well, I better go home and pack," Ash told us. "How much luggage are we allowed to bring?"

Damon shrugged casually. "Three bags per person. But if you go over, it's no big deal, we can pay for it." Ash and I gave each other looks. All the stuff we OWNED could fit into three bags. Rich people, I tell you.