Chapter 20

"Hi, I'm Amelia, you must be Damon's new girlfriend," she smiled maliciously at me.

Damon pulled next to him hesitantly. "Actually, this is Olivia my...fiancé."

Her eyes widened, and her smile lessened a little. Then her smirk returned. "Well, hopefully, we can all become much closer this week." Her eyes lingered on Damon.

I shot a look at Laney and Gabe, who were both giving me sympathetic looks. Gabe turned to Damon. "Hey man, can I talk to you?"

I shook my head subtly. I wasn't going to let him interfere for me. "How about we all just go put our bags away and then meet up on the deck in 15?" I suggested.

"Let's hit the pool!" Laney cheered.

Her enthusiasm was contagious, and soon, everyone had forgotten about Amelia. I followed Damon down to our room. For a boat, the rooms sure were huge.

Damon went into the bathroom to change. I looked at my selection of swimsuits and groaned. "Really Damon? All bikinis?"

He came out of the bathroom and smirked at me. "Just wanted to show off my beautiful fiancé."

I blushed at his words, but rolled my eyes. I started to throw on the one that looked like it covered the most when I realized that Damon was still looking at me.

"Damon!" I hissed. "Turn around." He groaned and mumbled something under his breath.

I quickly threw the swimsuit on, feeling uncomfortable by how much skin it showed. I grabbed a towel, sunscreen, and a few other things before turning to Damon. "Okay, I'm ready."

I shifted uncomfortably in front of him as I realized I would have to go out there and have Damon compare me to his model ex. I tried not to look at his reaction, mostly so I wouldn't have to be disappointed. I walked out the door, waiting for Damon to follow. He walked towards me and unbuttoned his shirt at the same time. His abs. Holy crap, I needed Jesus after seeing those abs. I reluctantly pulled my eyes away from them to look up at him.

"Damon, Liv, over here!" Gabe called us over. They had just gotten out of their cabin.

We walked up the deck together, me complaining about the bikinis Damon had gotten me.

Gabe gave me a mischievous smile. Oh no, I knew that look. He was going to do something to rile up Damon. "Damon, I'm surprised you're the one that bought those suits for her. There are a lot of guys on this boat who you just made very happy."

Damon stopped short, a look of horror on his face. "Fuck," he cursed. He threw my cover up towards me, the one which he had refused to give back to me a few minutes ago. "Put this on."

"Damon, I think you're overreacting," I told him. "There are so many other prettier girls on this boat, no one's going to be focused on me."

"Olivia. Put it on. Please." He gave me a pleading look. I conceded, but only because I never wanted to wear the stupid bikini in the first place.

Gabe threw his stuff down onto a lounge chair and pulled Laney into the water with him. Damon was about to follow them when I pulled Damon back. "Sunscreen," I reminded him.

He groaned, but I gave him a stern look. He burned a lot, despite being pretty tan. Pulling out the bottle, I handed it to him. He did his face and his arms before turning to me. "Can you do my back for me?"

I gulped nervously, but took the bottle without making eye contact. He squeezed on the chair with me, leaving almost no space between us. I put it on slowly, rubbing it in as I went.

My eyes widened as Damon let out a moan. "Have you considered becoming a professional masseuse? Because you're really good at this." I giggled a little before quickly finishing up.

He went to go in the water and I sighed. I was really engaged to this man-child. "Damon! You didn't finish putting sunscreen on your stomach!"

He gave me a lazy grin. "You do it."

"I will not!" My mouth dropped as he came closer.

"Then I don't want to wear it," he claimed stubbornly.

I grumbled about his immaturity before pulling him down towards me. I slowly began to rub the lotion into his stomach, avoiding eye contact. I felt both our breathing get labored as I ran my fingers over his abs. I peeked up, only to find that he was already looking at me.

"Now would be a good time as any to kiss," he whispered. "We are in public and we are a couple."

I gulped and nodded nervously. We hadn't full on kissed since...well, since the day we both sort of lost control. He lowered his head to meet mine as I tilted up. My eyes automatically closed and my arms went up to wrap around his shoulder.

Just as our lips touched, we were interrupted by none other than Amelia. "Damon can you put sunscreen on me."

I shifted uncomfortably as we both turned to her. Damon scratched his head, looking between the two of us, unsure what to do. I subtly nodded at him and he sighed. "Sure Mel."

I stiffened at the nickname. Really Damon?

I quickly threw on my own sunscreen and told Damon I was going in the water. He nodded at me distractedly.

I dipped my foot into the shallow end, wading over to where Ashley was playing with Emma. Even as I played with them, I kept looking over at Damon and Amelia, who seemed to be having an intense conversation.

Ash sighed. "He really pulled one over on you, didn't he?"

"Huh."

"Liv, don't lie. I know you're in love with him. You know you're in love with him. The only person who doesn't know is him."

I blinked back tears. "Can we just drop it? It's never going to happen and I don't want to waste the time that I do have."

"What's never going to happen?" A husky voice came from behind me.

I whirled around to face him. "It's nothing."

He was about to argue with me when Amelia called him over in her stupid high pitched voice. "Damon, come look at this. It's even better than what they had at that resort we went to in Mexico."

I gritted my teeth and just told him to go, pretending I understood. "What are you doing? Liv, you can't give him up without a fight!" Ash hissed to me.

But that's exactly what happened. I was letting him go. As close as we'd gotten over the past six months, Amelia managed to take it all away in the span of three days.