c. 41 A.D

Rome

"Checkmate." The reaper snuggly placed the rock piece on the board. The angel gave her a defeated look.
"That's not even in the rules." Aziraphale whined. "You can't just make up rules as you go. I don't even know what you're playing."
"I don't know either but it seems like it could be a big hit." Hope leaned back in her chair as Aziraphale reset the game board, determined to teach the reaper how to play a proper game. "Crowley would like it. A game were you win by yelling something triumphant at the end. You could make a few games with that premise."

"Give me a pint of what ever you think drinkable." A familiar voice met the two beings ears. They whipped around to see a familiar red headed demon sitting at the bar.
"Speak of the devil." The duo got to their feet and walked over to the bar.
"Crawley." Aziraphale started.
"Crowley." Hope whispered."
"Crowley." The angel corrected himself before continuing. "Fancy running into you in here." They both sat down next to the demon who looked like he just wanted to enjoy his drink in peace. "Still a demon then."
"What sort of question is that? Still a demon? What else am I going to be? An aardvark? That's like asking Hope if she's visible to the mortals yet."
"Touché." Aziraphale nodded awkwardly, lifting his glass up. Crowley begrudgingly clashes his cup against the demons before going back to drinking. "In Rome long?"
"Just nipped in for a quick temptation. You?"
"I thought I would try Patronus' new restaurant. Heard he does remarkable things with oysters."
"What about you Hope?" The demon looked over to her.
"I'm on holiday." She smiled proudly. "Dad said I deserved it after my work in China. They had a little up rising, you know, as humans tend to do." Hope summoned a drink and took a sip. "So oysters...never tried one. Mind if we tag along?"

The angels eyes brightened. "Not at all." He excited got to his feet. "Let me tempt you both this..." Crowley gave him a smug look. "Oh, thats your job."
Hope let out a little giggle before following the angel to their next destination.