Twenty Four

i got an early flight tomorrow but i'm awake and not sober leggoooooooooo

~
Billie
~

"Devon."

What the fuck.

The shock and disapproval that immediately crosses Lexi's face reflects what I'm feeling pretty well, and I stare at Chris like an idiot for a beat before snapping out of whatever daze I was in and shaking my head.

"No way, that asshole is not joining my tour," I argue and Chris gives me a tired look.

"For Christ's sake, you guys. The amount of drama...I swear I feel like I'm running bachelor in paradise instead of a fucking world tour," he grumbles and rubs the crease between his eyebrows in frustration. "I thought you and Devon became friends, why can't he come back?" he asks and I glance at the other people in the hallway, knowing I can't answer that in front of them.

Okay, so, I never really got around to telling Chris that it was one of his employees who knocked me up. Or even that I was dating said employee. He never asked who the father was; I think he knew how overwhelmed I was by the situation and didn't want to overstep. He asked if we were together on the last tour when we started getting close and rumors began to pop up online, but I told him that we were just close friends. I didn't want to risk getting Devon fired, because at the time I had no idea how Chris would react to me fucking around with a crew member. But now with Lexi I know he's chill with it.

"Can we talk about this alone?" I ask hopefully.

"I just wanna sleep," Chris says with a huff and runs his hand through his short hair stressfully. "But alright, we can talk in your room for a moment, let's go."

"Wait, come on!" Grey whines and stomps his foot like a child. "I'm not done! You can't fire me, man!"

"I already did," Chris says and gives him a stern look before turning around and walking down the hall while grumbling to himself.

"Fuck!" Grey shouts in frustration and I watch as Lexi puts her arm around him in an attempt to calm him down.

"I'm so fucked, dude. I needed this job," he mumbles then looks at me hopefully. "Can you talk to Chris?"

I glance between him and Lexi then shrug a little awkwardly, feeling bad. "It won't help, I have no say in the tour crew. It's his 'well-oiled machine baby' or whatever."

His hopeful expression turns sad again and I give him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, Grey. I'll try talking to him but I don't think it'll do anything. He doesn't budge on this kind of shit."

His shoulders slump in defeat and his head hangs. "I should go start packing," he mutters and shrugs Lexi's arm off of him before trudging off towards his room.

We both watch him walk away for a moment and Lexi let's out a heavy sigh before turning to look at me, her expression tired.

"I'm gonna go help him while you talk to Chris," she says and steps closer to me. "Please fix this, I can't deal with Devon being around," she pleads and I make sure we're alone in the hallway before reaching up to cup her cheeks.

"We'll figure this out, don't worry," I assure her and peck her lips sweetly, which helps her relax ever so slightly. "Meet you in our room soon."